Search in Folder Tree Panel (left)...

Tappari

Search in Folder Tree Panel (left)...

Post by Tappari » 03 Jun 19 4:10

... does not work if folder name contains space-characters:
H:\Found1\Found2\Not Found

(PSu 4.3.3.2082/Windows 10)

Hert

Re: Search in Folder Tree Panel (left)...

Post by Hert » 03 Jun 19 8:49

Works fine here. ENter "not found" and it finds that folder.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tappari

Post by Tappari » 03 Jun 19 14:57

Yes, now I see how it works - partially:
h:\FolderA\FolderA1\Folder to find\FolderX\Last Folder

- it finds "Last Folder" but unfortunately "Folder to find" is not found

It is very big problem for me because at this time I have about 50000 pictures still unlabeled and folder name in between (like "Folder to find" above) is the only possibility to find certain pictures now.

This somehow complicated folder structure cannot be chanced because there are some programs outside DAM use which needs this structure. And in Media Pro it was easy to find any part of path.

If this behavior is by design in PSu then I maybe must look elsewhere - but in PSu there are many properties I like very much (f. ex. Object Pascal scripting and the labeling system).

Ps. I cooked a working script to solve this problem - almost.
In Repository there is script named Search for Partial Folder Name but it does not run as it is now (... 'AskName' Expected 6 parameters.)
Mixing this script and Search Filename Part.psc script was the key.

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Jun 19 15:28

You could try to enter:

"Folder to find"

in the upper right corner search bar to find images in non-container folders. Don't forget to include the double quotes at beginning and end.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system