Have a category workflow status similar to the folder workflow status; similarly for timeline

snowman1

Have a category workflow status similar to the folder workflow status; similarly for timeline

Post by snowman1 » 01 Jun 19 14:26

I was originally going to raise this as a Mantis for discussion but then realised it would be better to raise here initially to garner views, input and ideas.

I have a number of distinct steps in my workflow (as most structured workflows probably do). These steps include for example: labelling-people, other-labelling, geotagging, selecting-keepers, editing, titling.

I try to perform these steps on discrete, reasonably small, batches of images. This keeps the tasks manageable.

I generally work on either a day's worth of images at a time, or sometimes on a catalog label at a time. The one thing I don't use is the folder.

So it would be useful to be able to allocate a status to a date or label so I know ehere I have got up to with each; colour coding would be nice though in the case of labels this would clash with current usage (as also discussed in Mantis #0003080: Additional colour designation for labels), unless perhaps there were a separate small marker. Also, I wonder if a single marker - indicative of a breadcrumb as to where in the workflow process one is - would be adequate or whether the usefulness would be limited without a discrete marker for each step - to which I don't, right now, have any bright solutions!).

Perhaps I should simply use a set of workflow labels that I could allocate (and filter on) as I complete each step.

What do you good people think? How do you control your own workflow?
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Mke

Re: Have a category workflow status similar to the folder workflow status; similarly for timeline

Post by Mke » 02 Jun 19 20:36

Personally I use folder colour codes for that, moving images between folders as I go - though I tend to work complete multiple tasks on smaller batches, rather than separating them into so many stages.