_iditempori_ and film names

HaraldE

_iditempori_ and film names

Post by HaraldE » 18 Feb 19 10:24

Morning,

12 films with my Sony camera gave me 12 MP4 files. After imported they all show up in PSU and the content is all ok. There are also XMP and THM files and this is where my confusion starts

For these 12 MP4 files there are 12 THM files but 3 are named "XXX.THM" and the other 9 are named "XXX.THM._iditempori_.THM" (NOTE: XXX is short for the files real name, like "MAH01634.THM"). So the 12 THM files are all there but with a name that sometimes is correct and sometimes includes the string _iditempori_

Now on to the XMP and here the mystery increases. For my 12 MP4 files there are 19 related XMP files. Again, the names are a mixture of "XXX.XMP" and "XXX.XMP._iditempori_.XMP". But now some MP4 files have two XMP files, one with and one without "_iditempori_"

In addition to this some XMP names have the filetype as lower case (that is ".xmp") and some as upper case (that is ".XMP").

On top of this I am having silly problems with time for these 12 films. The time is correct when first imported in to PSU but at some stage the time is corrupt, the real time is replaced by the current time. This odd behavior seem to have started within the latest month or so.

As said I find my situation very confusing and I will keep a sharp eye on my films. For these 12 films I have not used any other tool apart from PSU. A small comment (which doesn't really help me) is that film from my Samsung mobile has no issues as described above.

Now about these _iditempori_ names. I have seen this word before and that was related to cases with failed ADJUST. If some operation in there (like CROP) failed I could afterwards find these _iditempori_ files. If so I just deleted them and redid the ADJUST operation and all was fine. But ADJUST is not for film.

Sorry for the rather long and winding story above. What I do want to ask is as follows
1/ What does an _iditempori_ XMP or THM mean?
2/ Has anyone had film issues as described above?

I am aware Mantis is to use for reporting problems with PSU but I am currently a bit confused. Need to sort out the basic facts first.

For PSU I can say I am using 4.3.2.1927 (64 bit) in Windows

Regards, Harald

Hert

Re: _iditempori_ and film names

Post by Hert » 18 Feb 19 13:09

You can delete _iditempori_ files. Those are temporary files that PSU creates to write the metadata to in order to prevent your originals to be lost when something erroneous occurs during a write operation.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

HaraldE

Re: _iditempori_ and film names

Post by HaraldE » 18 Feb 19 15:55

Thanks Hert,

My thinking as well, like what I did for JPGs.

Text in Description is gone for the films that have the wrong time. Assume this was lost when the _iditempori_ was created and kept.
I will now focus on my issue with time to try to find out when in my workflow this happens.

Regards, Harald