Import (from SD/CF-card) does not work (anymore)

tumirnix

Import (from SD/CF-card) does not work (anymore)

Post by tumirnix » 17 Jan 19 22:39

Hello,
with one of the latest PSU v5 updates I've got the following problem:
I can start the iport of images from the memory card, the images are imported into the file system,
renamed (according to my rule), but nothing more happens.
The images are not in the catalog. When I search for it by "Ordner überprüfen" (in German), then
the images are found, but the details are not filled and the color label is also not set.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem?
Currently I'm using the version 4.3.2.1878 (64bit).

Best regards
Martin

snowman1

Re: Import (from SD/CF-card) does not work (anymore)

Post by snowman1 » 18 Jan 19 1:31

Assuming V5 is a typo and it's V4 (as per your last line) - and with apologies if this is a bit a "have you plugged it in" - but have you definitely enabled the import to catalog? There are two distinct sections to the import, each has a "slider" on-off control - (a) copy images to new location (which is clearly working) and (b) import images into catalog - which sounds like it's maybe not working. Again apologies but just getting the basics cleared first,

When you say they don't appear in the catalog, how are you loking for them? By some label you have set on the import, by timeline, by filename...?
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

tumirnix

Post by tumirnix » 19 Jan 19 20:38

Hi Snowman,
you were two times right:
  • Of course I'm using the version 4 (would there be a newer one?)
  • On the first Screen the import swith was really switched off.
    20190119_PSU-Import.png
    20190119_PSU-Import.png (44.09 KiB) Viewed 306 times
    I do not remember that I have changed it.
After switching it on again. So the import worked again, but not completely: 22 of 24 images have been correctly imported and 2 (the 2nd and 14th) were only in the catalog, but without the assigned details like author, location and color.
This happened occasionally already in the last year.

Thanks so far
Martin

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 19 Jan 19 23:10

Hi Martin

Yes that's the option - glad to have been able to help.

I'm not entirely sure but I wonder if the issue with the remaining two images might be something in your import settings? Something similar threw me a few years ago - I forget the details but I'd had some issues on an import (not PSU related, some folder issue IIRC) and when I tried to re-import the images it wasn't doing anything. With Hert's help we tracked the latter problem down to my import settings: specifically there is a dropdown that tells PSU how to handle an imported image if it already exists in the catalogue. Could something similar possibly be causing your issue with the two images?

This is just a very quick response as I have had one or two drinks and it would be better if I addressed your question when sober (!) but it might be worth switching the wizard off - this can be done in preferences and switching it off gives you the same screen as if you click on Zusatzliche Einstellungen in your screenshot. It displays a panel on the left hand side of the screen that gives you more fine control over the options and you might spot something here - e.g. it is on this screen that you find the duplicate settings I've mentioned above. I never use the wizard personally.

Edit: on this screen two things to watch out for: it gives you an import "panel" on the left of the screen, and this is composed of two sections as we've discussed above - but note that each section has a scroll bar, so scroll down on each section to make sure you've seen all the settings, and also the "copy" section has a button at the bottom to reveal more settings. It's easy to miss these!

Hope this helps
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------