Naming import subfolder discrepancy

Stephen

Naming import subfolder discrepancy

Post by Stephen » 21 Dec 18 2:52

Shown below is my usual import folder naming routine:
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz187.jpg
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz187.jpg (44.39 KiB) Viewed 268 times
I have just modified this by deleting the last 2 lines, but now I am not prompted for an Event Name and the folder is created with the name:
EventName year month

instead of:

(my chosen event name) year month

Any clues please as to what is happening?

Happy Christmas to all!
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

sanphotgn

Re: Naming import subfolder discrepancy

Post by sanphotgn » 21 Dec 18 4:01

I haven't used this feature so I am taking a guess. Is "Prompt for event before import starts" enabled? Located under the folder drop down box and "Include sub folders".
Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2602 (64 bits) (Windows)

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Dec 18 9:25

The screenshot makes me think that there's no % in front of EventName.
Click the hamburger menu (upper right of your screenshot) then edit as text. Make sure that EventName is entered with a leading %. So %EventName.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 21 Dec 18 18:59

Thanks, Hert, that was the trick.

What I cannot understand is that that has been my import 'template' since day one and that I only deleted the last 2 lines, after which the % appears to have been removed. I have no other explanation, but all is fine now thanks.

Merry Christmas!
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 21 Dec 18 19:55

I've had it be a bit tempramental in the past - I often check the text version of the rule when I've modified it just to make sure (i.e. as well as the "wizard" dialogue you screenshotted)
[is that really the past tense of screenshot? screenshat? (:-o) is it even a verb??!]
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 23 Dec 18 4:06

No, it's not a verb.

I would say that the past tense of screenshot is screenshot or "which you have screenshot."