verify no longer works across folders

fbungarz

verify no longer works across folders

Post by fbungarz » 10 Dec 18 20:44

I assume this has to do with some recent changes made with multi-threading...

In my workflow I would often add images from various different folders to the image basket, edit them in photoshop and save them with a different file name, e.g., append "_edit" or "_print" to the original file name. Then, to get them into PSu, I would select all images and do "verify folder". This would scan several folders for the new files and then, at the end pop-up a dialog box with the option to add the files.

Now the verification processes all work in parallel and that dialog-box pops up briefly, disappears, pops-up again and again and again - often much too quickly for me to hit "start processing" to add the files :cry: :(

This means, it no longer is possible to use "verify folders" across different folders. Very inconvenient!
How do I know if all images in a basket/portfolio have new versions to be added? I now have to do this one file at a time. Very time-consuming. Sometimes faster (= multi-threading) means actually slower ...

Could this be changed back to who this always worked before?

Thanks,
Frank

Hert

Re: verify no longer works across folders

Post by Hert » 11 Dec 18 10:45

fbungarz wrote:
10 Dec 18 20:44
I assume this has to do with some recent changes made with multi-threading...
Don't assume ;) There were no recent multi-threading changes.
Sometimes faster (= multi-threading) means actually slower ...
The recent speed improvements were achieved with improved database access mechanisms (like better connection pooling, less cloning, and better transaction isolation here and there. Not with multi-threading. PSU has always been fully multi threaded...not much to gain there.
Could this be changed back to who this always worked before?
You probably mean "how it always used to work in the version that I used to work with". What version is that?
It's been like this at least since the V4 release, so at least since early last February.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 11 Dec 18 16:16

You probably mean "how it always used to work in the version that I used to work with". What version is that?
It's been like this at least since the V4 release, so at least since early last February.
Sorry, this is incorrect. :wink:
It definitely worked in previous builds of version 4. I do not know the exact built, when this changed, but I am been using this quite a bit, it is part of my regular editing workflow. Now it is no longer working.
The last built introduced a "verify folder" to the right-click menu, when clicking a folder. Maybe that has to do with it? Maybe, since introducing this feature, "verify" now only works on single folders?
Of course I have no idea, *what* exactly changed. I only noticed that the verify process is a lot faster now and, due to my recent experience with the downloader, assumed it might also be due to "multi-threading".

I'll try out your new rename rule...

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 12 Dec 18 16:37

Could it be that this also has to do with me using a custom regfile?

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Dec 18 16:46

no
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Dec 18 16:09

Build 1809 improves this

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 14 Dec 18 0:52

Great! I'll check it out.
Thanks for fixing this so quickly!!!

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Dec 18 10:52

Frank, in build 1826 (available on the website, no webupdate issued yet) you can now use the -regdb command line parameter. Use it the same as -regfile, which is now deprecated. But do specify a different filename than you did for the -regfile.