Multiple User management

rdv4rjm

Multiple User management

Post by rdv4rjm » 19 Nov 18 19:30

Other related topic: out-of-sync assets.
There might be a correlation between both issues.
My setup has been described there as well.

Behavior:
As we already know, assets (for now) will not save from workstations.
So far I have been acting as Hert's, yet to come script, saving manually on the server, not at specific frequency, but at specific number of assets out-of-sync. Beyond 15, system would act crazy, unless I saved them selecting 3 at the time.

Acting crazy: out-of-sync thumbnails on workstation will start flashing. If I try to save, often times an error message pops up: too many clients already present... (Wasn't able to take snap shot, computer would freeze). In this state other users are not able to insert text in description or other fields. This is, to my opinion, when copy and paste starts acting up. I now use this behaviour as a sign to save out-of-sync assets. If I do, most of the time, things come back to normal unless one workstation had already froze.

PCs seem more fragile. Switching from a tab to another it would easily freeze. If this happens, we must force quit PSU from file manager in windows. PSU management still considers this user online. Restarting PSU on PC, even after a reboot, steels one more user of users loaded list. To reset this list to actual number, rebooting server works for me. There might be other less drastic way which I haven't found yet.

These tests have ran on a small network, with server Mac, workstation Mac, workstation pc, next to each other, on isolated network, all on same router to eliminate any latency due to other network traffic.

Will keep updating if anything else shows up.

rdv4rjm

Re: Multiple User management

Post by rdv4rjm » 19 Nov 18 19:35

Have monitored users list, while signing in and out multiple users.
Seems to keep up when users sign out using Quit function under humbugger.
Will stick to this procedure from now on.