French accents - Copy and paste

rdv4rjm

French accents - Copy and paste

Post by rdv4rjm » 17 Nov 18 4:01

1) All French accents are available in most Mac text editor. As for PSU, only one accent refuses to show up: Circumflex over o, i, u, e. Normal sequence would be, letter right of letter p, than o, or i....

2) Most of text which would fit in fields such as Description or Headline, is ready to be pasted from text editor to PSU. For some reason, first paste works perfectly. Second text copied into clipboard does not paste in next field. Text from first copy seems to remain in clipboard, and pastes over and over, regardless of new copy commands. On the other hand, any text copied within PSU pastes faithfully, and clipboard clears at every new copy command.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hert

Re: French accents - Copy and paste

Post by Hert » 17 Nov 18 13:42

rdv4rjm wrote:
17 Nov 18 4:01
1) All French accents are available in most Mac text editor. As for PSU, only one accent refuses to show up: Circumflex over o, i, u, e. Normal sequence would be, letter right of letter p, than o, or i....
Not sure, this seems to be a hardware/keyboard thing.
2) Most of text which would fit in fields such as Description or Headline, is ready to be pasted from text editor to PSU. For some reason, first paste works perfectly. Second text copied into clipboard does not paste in next field. Text from first copy seems to remain in clipboard, and pastes over and over, regardless of new copy commands. On the other hand, any text copied within PSU pastes faithfully, and clipboard clears at every new copy command.
How you describe it, your editor isn't copying to the clipboard. Can you paste to other software?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

rdv4rjm

Re: French accents - Copy and paste

Post by rdv4rjm » 19 Nov 18 18:50

From here on, will drop "copy and paste" issue which turned out to be a sign to a still unknown one. Will redirect once cause will be known.

French Accents:
To start with, there are no standard combination between asdf French keyboards on Mac, so I will stick to most common to us: Canadian-French.
According to this keyboard, ê î ô û combination [ than letter. [ is set next to p on its right.

In most software where text may be typed on Mac, all accents work, including a web page as you can see.

In PSU all accent but circumflex work ok. When typing [ computer beeps. I suppose this key is simply not recognized or reserved.

I could always keep copying and pasting complete letters with circumflex from another text editor. If a solution is possible, it will be most appreciated.