Preview Size

fkm

Preview Size

Post by fkm » 30 Oct 18 21:17

New user here.

I have widely different preview sizes from my different types of raw files and I don't know how to get this to a useable state.

Worst case is the raw files from a Phase One P40+ and a Leaf Credo 60. The P40+ preview is about 1.5 inches wide on an imac 27" 5k. The Credo 60 gives me about a 3" wide preview. Both of those are at 100%

Sony arw raw files no more than 6 or 7" wide at 100%.

jpegs are fine and fill the preview area at less than 100%

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Can anybody point me in the right direction??

Thanks,

Fred

Hert

Re: Preview Size

Post by Hert » 31 Oct 18 8:28

Hi Fred, a warm welcome to the forum.
Preview sizes may be small for files that have a small preview stored in them. I know that Sony cams store relatively small previews in ARW files.
I have no experience with the PO/Leaf files. What is the file extension?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fkm

Post by fkm » 31 Oct 18 11:35

The phase one and leaf files are IIQ.

I’m trying to figure out if Photo Supreme can generate previews (ala Lightroom and Capture One).

I have run the tool in photo supreme to regenerate thumbnail and previews but apparently it only uses the camera embedded preview.

Just trying to figure out if there is ANY way to get a larger preview.

Thanks.

Hert

Post by Hert » 31 Oct 18 14:46

I assume that you configured the IIQ extension as a non image format in Preferences?
In that case PSU asks the operating system to generate the preview. If your OS supports full previews for IIQ files then PSU will receive larger files. Optionally install a IIQ file extension module (if exists) to extend the OS with IIQ support
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fkm

Post by fkm » 01 Nov 18 14:18

Hert wrote:
31 Oct 18 14:46
I assume that you configured the IIQ extension as a non image format in Preferences?
In that case PSU asks the operating system to generate the preview. If your OS supports full previews for IIQ files then PSU will receive larger files. Optionally install a IIQ file extension module (if exists) to extend the OS with IIQ support
I have not done that. Returning home later this evening and will explore that option. I’m on Mac OS and have tried to review Apples list of supported raw formats. They do not list the particular digital backs I have that are giving me IIQ files but have many from Phase One and Leaf that use same file type. I know raw converters can be very particular about camera model, we’ll see how picky the OS is. I’ll post my results.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 01 Nov 18 19:32

Hello fkm,

My Sony ARW and their simultaneously shot JPG equivalents enlarge to 100% by left clicking.

My Phase One IIQ files do not show full size. They enlarge briefly when I click them, but then they return to a smaller size. I just use PSu for sorting them before sending them to another program to process.

I'm still on an older version of PSu, so this might not be relevant to you.

Regards
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.