No GPS coordinates found for....

Larry56

No GPS coordinates found for....

Post by Larry56 » 27 Sep 18 6:16

When I use Geo Tag and enter a location (address), city, state, country code, and country and then click on Lookup I'm suddenly getting "No GPS coordinates found for..." . This is something new as in the past it's worked fine. The other day I did get a "this script can't run" or something like that but clicked on on one of the two option button (sorry, I don't remember what those options were) but GEO tagging worked fine.

Any help to fix this is appreciated.

Photo Supreme v4.2.1.1675 on Windows 10.

Hert

Re: No GPS coordinates found for....

Post by Hert » 27 Sep 18 9:11

Google made quite some changes recently.

Did you

1. apply for a Google API key?
2. Add a billing method to your Google account?
3. Add GEO Coding and Maps JavaScript API to your Google API?
4. enter the API key in PSU Preferences?

Also check https://youtu.be/C-oRISpmTm4
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 27 Sep 18 22:18

Thank you. I didn't know about the Google change.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 02 Oct 18 2:04

The tutorial in the video doesn't match the experience I'm having. First of all, Google wants a "project". I have no idea what that is all about. I created one called Photo Supreme. I enabled the API's and created a key but then it asks me to restrict my key. I've tried various combinations of things but I still can't use geocoding in PSU. Do I need to wait a while for my key to become activated?
Tom Stoddard

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Oct 18 5:01

The video dienst handle the google signup process. It handles the configuration part...once you have a API key, then follow the video and add Maps JavaScript and GeoCoding to the API key.

There’s no delay for changes to become active. Restrictions are recommended, I restricted my api key to be used by my IP address only. And I also restrictired the google billing to a max-cap per month....just in case my api key ever gets compromised.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 02 Oct 18 11:39

I can look up location information using coordinates but I can no longer look up coordinates using location information. Am I missing something?
Tom Stoddard