PS 4.2.1 (1675) does not write metadata correctly into photos

RaBuDu

PS 4.2.1 (1675) does not write metadata correctly into photos

Post by RaBuDu » 23 Sep 18 17:55

When I want to write metadata (her I mean keywords) into a JPG-file there are still in the photo itself as I wanted. But if I delete a keyword in PS (from the photo AND in the catalog) and write this changes back into the file again, only the modifaction date of the file (not the EXIF date!) in macOS Finder changes. The keyword which I deleted before are still in the file.

I checked and tried before:
- write permissions (I tried it with other drives, Finder permissions a reset correct)
- checked PS preferences (I allowed PS to write into the files/photos, not only into the catalog) –
- some weeks before it worked fine (I tried a older version/build of PS 4.x by restoring it with TimeMachine) - without any improvement
- I created a new blank catalog within a verginal file (no IPTC data)
- Exporting the file (via sharing button) left the file blank

:(

I'm runnig PS 4 in demo/trial modus but I assume that this behavior is not a restriction of the trial version.

Thank you for any ideas.

best regards

Hert

Re: PS 4.2.1 (1675) does not write metadata correctly into photos

Post by Hert » 23 Sep 18 20:06

I currently see two possible “causes”;

1. The volume is not “recognized”. Open Folders. Is the top level a red folder icon?
2. You’ve configured PSU to not write. Can you share a screenshot of the Sync-Write settings?

Apart from this I assume that it’s not the obvious like; file doesn’t exist, volume not mounted, file is not writable
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RaBuDu

Post by RaBuDu » 29 Sep 18 10:15

1. The volume is not “recognized”. Open Folders. Is the top level a red folder icon?
2. You’ve configured PSU to not write. Can you share a screenshot of the Sync-Write settings?
1. All volumes I tried are fine. It doesn't matter which drive or what a kind of drive I tried, it ist allways the same.

2. Of course PSU is configured to write. If I write a new label/keyword into the file it is all fine, but if I delete the label in the catolog and want to write this changes into the file – I expect the deleted keyword in the catalog will be delete from the file too – but this does not happen.
Apart from this I assume that it’s not the obvious like; file doesn’t exist, volume not mounted, file is not writable
Of course not.

Thank you for your ideas.

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Sep 18 11:55

RaBuDu wrote:
29 Sep 18 10:15
if I delete the label in the catolog and want to write this changes into the file – I expect the deleted keyword in the catalog will be delete from the file too – but this does not happen.
Then the one possible reason I can think of is that you've configured your write sync-settings to not write catalog labels to keywords. Can you share a screenshot of your sync-write settings?

This is the relevant setting.
2018-09-29_12-52-49.png
2018-09-29_12-52-49.png (118.64 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Thank you
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system