Google Maps not loading

Roman

Google Maps not loading

Post by Roman » 08 Sep 18 3:16

Since upgrading to v4.2 I can't get Google Maps to appear using the Geo Tag feature. I am currently running 4.2.0.1649. I have read the posts regarding similar issues and have obtained a personal API key (reluctantly supplied my billing details). After adding the API key I still keep getting an "Oos! Something went wrong" error message. It says to check the JavaScript consle for technical details but I don't know how to access it. I am running Windows 10 and everything was working fine until I upgraded to v4.2. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hert

Re: Google Maps not loading

Post by Hert » 08 Sep 18 6:20

Make sure that your Google API console has at least two applications enabled:
1. Maps JavaScript API
2. Geocodimg API

Also check https://youtu.be/C-oRISpmTm4
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Roman

Re: Google Maps not loading

Post by Roman » 08 Sep 18 11:50

Thank you Hert, that has resolved my issue. I am sure I won't be the last person to be tripped up by the change that Google have made to how their API services are accessed. I read the v4 Geo Tag help pdf and whilst it did provide a link to the Google API web site I think more detailed instructions on how to obtain a key and enable the relevant APIs would have helped me resolve the issue. Having said that I can't thank you enough for responding to my request for help so quickly. I use Photo Supreme almost every day and it is not until it stops working that I realise how essential it is to how I manage my photographs!