Locating images using a geo-fence ?

G8DHE

Locating images using a geo-fence ?

Post by G8DHE » 27 Aug 18 14:24

Has anyone found a mechanism for locating any images within the database using a geo-fence, either based on a central point, using a bounding box or even a random outline ?

I find I often have a need to locate images based on an area around a geographical point, across the entire database, but not using names but based really on Lat-Long co-ordinates. The ideal would be either to locate a central point on a map and specify/draw a radius, or use a rectangular box or possibly even a Polygon drawn on a map, then to show the locations on the map of all images within the database that fall inside the geo-fence and be able to then put all such images into an image basket for perusal ?

Would this be a feature that would be of interest to others and could be included in PSU ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

fbungarz

Re: Locating images using a geo-fence ?

Post by fbungarz » 28 Aug 18 0:13

This would indeed be a very useful feature. AFAIK one cannot currently do that with the functionality built in. Perhaps add a feature request in Mantis? You'd have my vote ;-)

G8DHE

Re: Locating images using a geo-fence ?

Post by G8DHE » 30 Aug 18 11:31

OK I've added a feature request https://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3288 lets hope Hert has some spare time ;-)
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)