IPTC Fields - Multiple entries in "Person Shown in the Image, with Details"

G8DHE

IPTC Fields - Multiple entries in "Person Shown in the Image, with Details"

Post by G8DHE » 30 Jul 18 14:21

How is it possible to make multiple entries in this field ?
I've just been trying and only the last change of entry appears to be saved ?
In this case I am trying to save the Race Bib Number where several racers are in the same image,
storing them as keywords works in the DC:SUBJECT field but the order the keywords appear in the record seems to vary which makes subsequent extraction from the Metadata difficult.

FileName,dc:subject,Iptc4xmpExt:PersonInImageWDetails.Iptc4xmpExt:PersonId,exif:DateTimeOriginal
\\SERVER\PICS\2018\07\BaySUP\Techincal-N1SCO\org\DSC_09694.JPG,"R128,SuP,National Race 2018,5 - BaySUP, Bournemouth,Bib,R113",,2018-07-21T11:53:55.320+01:00
or
DC:Subject: R128, SuP, National Race 2018, 5 - BaySUP, Bournemouth, Bib, R113
In the above the keywords "R128" and "R113" are the relevant entries.
However the first "R128" entry stands alone at the beginning and the second appears after the Bib entry as expected.

Whilst down in the IPTC data ;
<Iptc4xmpExt:PersonId>R113</Iptc4xmpExt:PersonId>
Is the only entry I can see despite both fields being mapped to the entry.

The category structure and mapping entries look as below;

Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Re: IPTC Fields - Multiple entries in "Person Shown in the Image, with Details"

Post by Hert » 30 Jul 18 20:30

All catalog labels from the People category will be written to the PersonInImage. No need to configure catalog labels for that.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 30 Jul 18 22:30

Ah, will check that out.
At the first stage I only have the Bib Numbers from the images and these apply to the image / event,
I was planning on externally processing or using a script to associate Bib Number to Name and writing the PersonName back to the image file at a later stage once they organisers can send the spreadsheet matching them together, which can be several days later .... may have to re-think this!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 31 Jul 18 12:41

OK, Yes entries under the People Category do appear in the PersonInImage field by default :-)
BUT
How do I map a persons name and their bib number into the PersonInImageWithDetails, Name & Identifier fields, I sort of assumed that by adding entries under the mapping for the relevant fields it would appear in that section, but nothing appears and just the PersonInImage field remains the same ?
Am I missing a step or something obvious :?:
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Aug 18 17:47

In the details of that person's catalog label, click "Apply detail profile" and enter values for that field in the "IPTC Extension" section
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 01 Aug 18 23:20

Yea, yes had been in there, but didn't see anything relevant, until I spotted the menu and Advanced option, Thankyou!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)