click on Preview icon opens Photoshop

david mantripp

click on Preview icon opens Photoshop

Post by david mantripp » 23 Jul 18 20:09

Just upgraded to 4.2.0 Mac ... now, double-click on a Thumbnail, or click on Preview icon opens the file in Photoshop.... Really, really not what I want :-(

I can't really work out if it's something I've done wrong.

Hert

Re: click on Preview icon opens Photoshop

Post by Hert » 23 Jul 18 21:04

What is the file extension of the file that you’re double clicking?
If one of the extensions that can be read by PSU, then you probably added the extension as a non image format in the Preferences
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

david mantripp

Post by david mantripp » 24 Jul 18 22:00

Hi Hert -

It happens with PSD files. Sorry, I was dead tired last night, didn't mention this. I have Photoshop CC set up as an external editor, but I have not changed any file extension associations. With (e.g) TIF files, I get the expected behaviour...

Regards - David

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Jul 18 8:28

Files that exceed the size as configured in preferences for Image Processing limit will also be opened outisde if PSU. Make sure you have this setting configured to a setting higher than your files their size.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

david mantripp

Post by david mantripp » 26 Jul 18 19:16

ah, ok. That explains it. Thanks!