Can't remove W: drive from the catalog

David Grundy

Can't remove W: drive from the catalog

Post by David Grundy » 09 Jun 18 12:53

After a long break from cataloging, I'm making time to try again. I've just upgraded to v4, and have gone through the exercise of installing on my new PC and remapping all the folders.

All is working. However, the catalog always shows a W: drive which has no files in it, and in fact the drive does not exist. I can't get rid of this from the catalog. And, this was already the case a couple of years ago.

If I "remove" the W: folder from the catalog, then the line in the Folders pane for W: disappears, as I would expect. But then, it always reappears next time I restart PSu.

If I remap to another drive or folder, PSu says "Mapped 0 folders".

I created a new W: drive, and mapped the old W: drive onto the new one (so, the HDD serial number for W: was changed). Then I removed the new W: drive from the catalog. Afterwards, when I restarted PSu, the W: folder reappeared in the catalog referencing the original W: drive serial number.

This isn't causing me any actual problems as far as I can see, but from a neatness perspective (and with a slight concern about integrity of my catalog) I'd like to at least understand what's happening, and remove the reference to W: from the catalog if possible. I couldn't find anything relevant in the forum or in Mantis.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hert

Re: Can't remove W: drive from the catalog

Post by Hert » 11 Jun 18 0:36

If it shows then I guess you have at least one image in that W folder defined in 5he catalog. Try to click the counter. Is there a thumb showing up?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

David Grundy

Re: Can't remove W: drive from the catalog

Post by David Grundy » 11 Jun 18 17:57

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case (or at least, not obviously).
The drive shows as <<offline icon (red folder)>> W:\ [35E0-05F1] and then the number of images is shown as 0. If I click on the zero then nothing appears in the viewer pane.