can I remove Exif & IPTC & XMP ?

mantras

can I remove Exif & IPTC & XMP ?

Post by mantras » 01 Jun 18 17:26

Hi

could be added in the depot a script that can remove all the exif & IPTC & XMP data/entries with 1 click ?

I know could sound weird but sometime at work , i need to remove all of them

i know there is in the batch panel remove exif info but it does not remove xmp , so i have to right click run script from reposity and remove all existing XMP

it's not a big problem but would be nice remove all the data in one shot(a single click)
thanks
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

Hert

Re: can I remove Exif & IPTC & XMP ?

Post by Hert » 01 Jun 18 21:32

I can’t check it now, but isn’t there a batch command for that?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mantras

Post by mantras » 02 Jun 18 5:59

Hert wrote:
01 Jun 18 21:32
I can’t check it now, but isn’t there a batch command for that?
Hi Hert
there is remove exif but it keeps xmp
thanks
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Jun 18 11:03

There's also
1. Right click on thumb
2. Run Script from Repository
3. Metadata -> Remove all existing XMP

BEWARE; with this script you'll be deleting all XMP, including the XMP stored in the catalog/database meaning you'll loose all your metadata in the catalog!

You don't tell why you need this. If your goal is to create a file to share without any metadata (the only reason I can come up with) then why not use a Share to folder feature?

1. Click Share
2. Click New -> New Folder Share
3. Name your profile; e.g. "No metadata share"
4. In Metadata of the share profile, make sure that "Keep metadata in the file" is unticked.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mke

Post by Mke » 02 Jun 18 11:33

As Hert mentions, normally you would want to retain the metadata in the file but strip it on export using 'share'...

mantras

Post by mantras » 03 Jun 18 8:44

Hert wrote:
02 Jun 18 11:03
There's also
1. Right click on thumb
2. Run Script from Repository
3. Metadata -> Remove all existing XMP

BEWARE; with this script you'll be deleting all XMP, including the XMP stored in the catalog/database meaning you'll loose all your metadata in the catalog!
hi Hert
is there a way to acess to the Idimager/photo supreme script depot? download and upload scripts?
i will run batch and remove xmp , maybe somebody could upload a script to remove all of them
thanks
You don't tell why you need this. If your goal is to create a file to share without any metadata (the only reason I can come up with) then why not use a Share to folder feature?
well it's not related to photography but need to deliver images without any informations embedded
does the share to folder or ftp or email remove all the exif/IPTC and XMP data embedded ?

thanks

Mke

Post by Mke » 03 Jun 18 18:15

mantras wrote:
03 Jun 18 8:44
does the share to folder or ftp or email remove all the exif/IPTC and XMP data embedded ?
Share to folder and ftp certainly have the option to leave or strip metadata. I never email directly from PS, but guess that has the same option.

Mke

Post by Mke » 03 Jun 18 18:17

mantras wrote:
is there a way to acess to the Idimager/photo supreme script depot? download and upload scripts?
Yes - https://repository.idimager.com/

mantras

Post by mantras » 04 Jun 18 6:17

Mke wrote:
03 Jun 18 18:17
mantras wrote:
Yes - https://repository.idimager.com/
Mke wrote:
03 Jun 18 18:15
mantras wrote:
Share to folder and ftp certainly have the option to leave or strip metadata. I never email directly from PS, but guess that has the same option.
hi Mke
thank you so much