No Filter without Internet?

tumirnix

No Filter without Internet?

Post by tumirnix » 22 May 18 13:05

Hi,
it's the first time, that I'm travelling with the PSU v4 (4.1.0.1502) and I must realize that I cannot open the Filter menu in the Folder view. The program reacts with the error message that no internet connection is available:
20180522_PSU_without_Internet.jpg
Filter does not work without internet connection
20180522_PSU_without_Internet.jpg (71.33 KiB) Viewed 248 times
What tries PSU here to reach? With PSU v3 I did not have this problem.
Best regards
Martin

Hert

Re: No Filter without Internet?

Post by Hert » 22 May 18 13:35

PSU4 integrates the script repository (repository.idimager.com). When opening the FILTER menu PSU checks if there are filter scripts in the Repository that needs to be included in the FILTER menu. But...when offline, it shouldn't try that. Hence why you get the message that you're not connected.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

tumirnix

Post by tumirnix » 22 May 18 14:17

Hi Hert,
somehow PSU does not properly recognize, if it is online or not. In my case I was not able to use the filter menu.

Perhaps it could be, that in the train (or plain, ship, hotel, ...) there is a WIFI, the laptop is connected to it, but a proxy requires further clicks in an Web-UI.

Nevertheless I would appreciate, if PSU is usable also with an insufficient network.
Finally it would be great, if the scripts from the repository are cached locally an updated, if the repository is back again.

Are the scripts from the context menu also affected? I remember that there was a script to copy the file and path names to the clipboard.

Thanks
Martin

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 May 18 14:25

The scripts in the context menu are also from the online repository. As mentioned in my last post, there was an issue with detecting the online and accessibility of the online repository. That was fixed in build 1511, which was just released.
Scripts from the repository aren't cached locally. While disconnected, you have no access to scripts from the online repository (currently Filter Scripts, Sort Scripts, Thumbnail Custom lines, and thumbnail context scripts).
You can download a script from the online repository website to your hard drive if you need them while not connected to the internet. http://repository.idimager.com
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

tumirnix

Post by tumirnix » 03 Jun 18 18:19

Thanks, Hert,
the new version is working better.
Best regards
Martin