can't save manual sort

amartel

can't save manual sort

Post by amartel » 04 Mar 18 20:18

Hi,

I'm using Photo Supreme Server Edition 4.0.1.1043 on Mac (High Sierra) with Postgresql 10.2 running on a NAS (Synology)
I created a portfolio and a new collection, then added 50 images.
I have defined a manual sort and move thumbnails using [Cmd]+right or [Cmd]+left but my sort is not saved when switching to another view. When going back to my collection, all the thumbnails are unsorted (and view's sort is defined to "none").

I used the same operations with PS v3 (with many portfolios and collections) and I didn't have a problem to save the sort but V4 may work in a different way.

So, do you know if there is something specific to do in order to have a persistent manual sort ??

Kind regards,
Arnaud

Hert

Re: can't save manual sort

Post by Hert » 05 Mar 18 17:20

Hi Arnaud,
Can you try to run the script that was posted herE:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=24055#p117325

Does the sort order persist afterwards?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

amartel

Post by amartel » 06 Mar 18 21:56

Hi Hert,

Thank's a lot for your quick reply. I ran the script but it doesn't solve the problem. Just to be sure, I've executed again your SQL command from pgadmin and there is no error (83 affected records)...

Is there something I can do? I didn't find a log option in PS but I'm pretty familiar with SQL (and postgresql) and I can send you the result of a query, or even a dump...

Kind regards,
Arnaud

eeTee

Post by eeTee » 17 Apr 18 20:51

Is this fixed yet? I have same problem, but i have personal edition V4.
If i move any photo in a portfolio collection to make a custom photo sort ('no sort') it does not remember the sequence when i come back to the collection later. It seems to switch back each time to the exact same ordering of the photos that seems completely random (not sorted on file name or photo date).
I did not have this problem with V3. It started with V4. I cannot make a custom sequence of photos now, which is really annoying.
(Compacting database did not help)

Erwin

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 26 Apr 18 1:48

I've also noticed that when I add a specific version (other than the main version) to a portfolio collection, that version selection isn't saved in the collection. The main version is always selected when I go to the collection. Even if I go into the portfolio collection, select a different version and then leave the portfolio, when I go back in to that portfolio collection, the main version is selected again. I'm not sure when this started happening but I know it use to save my selections in the past.
Tom Stoddard

amartel

Post by amartel » 26 Apr 18 20:22

Fixed in PS 4.1.
Thank's Hert !!!

eeTee

Post by eeTee » 29 Apr 18 15:54

amartel wrote:
26 Apr 18 20:22
Fixed in PS 4.1.
Thank's Hert !!!
Not quite...
It is now just broken in another way. Starting from a collection with 241 items, sorting = Photo date. Now move one photo and it will ask that this will now become the default 'no sort' order. It does that. Then exit the collection and come back to it. The number behind the collection name in the left pane still shows 241 photos. The number listed in the collection view pane is now 948. It seems to list some photos multiple times, same filename is listed x times. Sometimes the thumbnail picture is visible on such a duplicate. Sometimes it is not, but if you double click to open the photo, that photo is indeed behind it.

Being able to have a collection of photos with a custom sort order is one of the most basic features of a DAM tool. It is hard to believe PS gets this wrong (again, it was supposed to be fixed). It seems the dev team is lacking proper software testing methods that they did not discover this.

Can we agree this is a basic feature and should be way on the top of the bug priority list?

Edit: just discovered the Mantis ticketing system. Logged as ticket #3234