v4.0.1.1032 Not PSU's finest hour

RickHeath

v4.0.1.1032 Not PSU's finest hour

Post by RickHeath » 26 Feb 18 0:00

This build spends most of its time "not responding", usually ending with a "close program" dialog after a few minutes!

Can we have a version that works, please? :?

Hert

Re: v4.0.1.1032 Not PSU's finest hour

Post by Hert » 26 Feb 18 2:28

Could be that it hangs but it can’t be 1032 related, check whats new here http://www.idimager.com/what-s-new-in-photo-supreme-v4 Fixing a slide show that was positioned wrongly on a second monitor is not something that explains “spending most of its time not responding”. Yet 1032 is all the info you’re giving.
Have you tried a compact of the database and a complete reboot of your computer already? Maybe a network share that is out of reach? A virus scanner locking your database file? These are things that can make a program unresponsive. Or do you have a click path to follow that leads PSU to go into a not responding state?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RickHeath

Re: v4.0.1.1032 Not PSU's finest hour

Post by RickHeath » 27 Feb 18 0:32

Thanks. Maybe I was being harsh. I'd done a database compact before the v4 upgrade. Photos are on a NAS, database locally, but I always make sure that it is accesible before doing anything (as I have another program that sometimes struggles to pick up the network link if it isn't "live").

A restart seems to have perked things up & PSU is no longer using over 20% CPU while I'm not really doing anything with it. Nor is it going all "not responding" on me for 20-30 seconds when I do something as simple as clicking on another collection in the list. Maybe it was doing some housework in the background (or just sulking)?

Edit to add: The slideshow is now running on the second monitor if I select "Viewer on second monitor" (which it does - I can live with that). That problem was with a previous build. I don't know if it is the new build or a reboot has solved it. That was a separate problem to this.