Sort by Script

gcorbin

Sort by Script

Post by gcorbin » 15 Feb 18 13:20

When selecting sort by script in the View, Sorting display settings, the script box is not popping up for me in V4.0.1.996. The thumbnails don't change order so the sort by script doesn't appear to do anything. I have rebooted my PC, but no change.

Is this a bug, has the way you specify the sort script changed, or do I have an installation issue?

Hert

Re: Sort by Script

Post by Hert » 15 Feb 18 15:00

I see that a small change is needed for some Sort Scripts due to a change of a function name in V4. But what sort script are you using? I don't recognize the name. Was that script custom made?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcorbin

Post by gcorbin » 15 Feb 18 21:18

The bulk of my photos are of orchid flowers. When cataloguing, I set the Headline to the orchid name. When looking at my orchid flower photos, I normally want to sort by Headline and filename grouping the photos of each species together rather than a cronological sorting by filename or photo date. Photo Supreme doesn't do this with a native sort order (unless there is something new in V4 I haven't found) but can easily be done by using the Sort by Script, Sort by Macro Command, and entering %xmp:photoshop:Headline::%FileName. As above, I can no longer select the sort script after selecting Sort by Script.

By the way, I like the new interface plus V4 seems much snappier. A nice upgrade.

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Feb 18 9:49

Hmm, the "Sort by macro command" is the only script that doesn't need changing. You should be able to select it from the drop down and clicking "Sort by Script". Make sure to single click, not double click.
By the way, I like the new interface plus V4 seems much snappier.
Thank you.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

gcorbin

Post by gcorbin » 16 Feb 18 13:24

I have overcome the issue with your hints.

I checked the program directory and there was no scripts subdirectory. This was the cause of the issue. I reinstalled V4.0.0.985 and the sort by script poped up the script list to choose. The script directory was back under the program directory as expected. I then reinstalled V4.0.1.996 and the sort by script still pops up the script list. The root cause was that the script directory somehow was deleted when doing the original 4.0.1.996 install. I can only assume some weird windows 10 issue.

Bottom line, the sort by macro is working again so I am happy. The other two sort by scripts error as you said, but I don't use them so I am not worried. Thank you for your assistance.