Categories - little flags

rfcat

Categories - little flags

Post by rfcat » 15 Feb 18 11:46

Hi,
I am in the process of cataloging many years travel photos and wondering where you get those little flags and how you import them into PSu?
Europe, Australia and Oceania, Asia and some of the states within those countries.

Thank you
Ian
Ian M
Photography, understanding how to catalogue so I can find my photos. :D .

RobiWan

Re: Categories - little flags

Post by RobiWan » 15 Feb 18 12:44

Hehe, I was searching for this too.
Here is a I think good start point

https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/f ... world.html

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 15 Feb 18 12:46

I did that by creating a new, empty, catalog, which creates the contry entries/flag icons by default. Then I migrated or copied them to my "real" catalog - but I don't recall how I did that, apologies! But it is possible, because I did it! I seem to recall they were in a separate part of my catalog and I then manually moved them into "places" and then migrated my existing places into the relevant countries (for pictures that were geotagged, reverse lookup is a good way of doing this "automatically"; or manually entering the country details; or you can simply move the image itself - or move any pre-existing place label - into the relevant new country label).
Hope that helps, sorry I can't remember the crucial bit!
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Feb 18 15:02

You can download some flags from public/free image websites. Then click the little thumb for a label name in PSU and select "Select..."

Of course it's way easier for import them to PSU first and then drag and drop the thumbnail to the label's thumbnail.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

rfcat

Post by rfcat » 15 Feb 18 23:37

Hi folks,
thank you for the quick responses. More work, slowly getting the database updated.
Ian
Ian M
Photography, understanding how to catalogue so I can find my photos. :D .

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 17 Feb 18 19:14

Having done a little checking, I am fairly sure that I did it like this:
- create a backup of my catalog (for safety)
- created a new, empty catalog
- opened PSU with that catalog (if I wasn't already)
- clicked on data>export to formatted vocabulary file
- closed PSU
- opened PSU with my original, "real", catalog
- clicked on data>import formatted vocabulary file
I can't guarantee 100% I did this - there is another option under the data menu called "import from control vocabulary" - but I am pretty sure this is what I did. I then had a new label in my catalog (at the top level of the hierarchy) called "Vocabulary PSU - exported formatted vocab file from empty catalog" containing all PSU's default labels - events, places, etc. This included the default country labels with their little flags. From there it was just a matter of copying these from the "Vocabulary PSU - exported formatted vocab file from empty catalog"::"places" category to the "places" category, and allocate my images to them as described above.

(It was the name that made me realise how I'd done it, as the imported categories are still in may catalog).
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------