is there a way to use v4 and v3 on the same computer?

mantras

Re: is there a way to use v4 and v3 on the same computer?

Post by mantras » 09 Feb 18 8:41

weidmic wrote:
08 Feb 18 8:00

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\IDimager\IDimagerSU.exe" -A "D:\My PSU\PSU-appdata" -D "D:\My PSU\PSU-catalog"
Something like this should work. Though, I can not try it out, since I have only the server version installed...
hi
the command line line doesn't work
i mean it work for v3 but when i start v4 it want to upgrade the database again
correct. I'm working with the PostgreSQL Edition. My Server is a Linux Debian VM and I can connect to them from my Windows and OSX boxes. No copying/ syncing databases between computers which you need with Single User edition or software like LR
hi thank you , LR do you mean lightroom cc , i use windows and osx too , but with lightroom i can't have synched my catalog
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

weidmic

Post by weidmic » 09 Feb 18 10:13

Well, you need 2 shortcuts
one for V3 pointing to the old V3 catalog and one for V4 pointing to a copy of the catalog that you want to use for V4.
This database needs to be updated - otherwise it wont work!

If you think PSU is trying to access the wrong catalog then you can test it by renaming the V3 catalog file extension to something else and then start V4 with the shortcut...
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 09 Feb 18 16:12

mantras wrote:
09 Feb 18 8:41
hi thank you , LR do you mean lightroom cc , i use windows and osx too , but with lightroom i can't have synched my catalog
Why not? I have Adobe Photographers abo and I can of course use same catalog on my Windows and OSX boxes.
What I'm doing by switch from one OS to the another:

All my Images are stored under "C:\DSLR\DSLR\....." (Windows view). The same disk is mounted under OSX to /Volumes/DSLR (OSX view)
After last DSLR are names from my external drives. As example - "ExtHDD 2505"
So then I run always smal script

(to change for Windows)

LR-Win.sql
update AgLibraryRootFolder
set absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2501/" where absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2501/";
set absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2503/" where absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2503/";
set absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2504/" where absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2504/";
set absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2505/" where absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2505/";
(to change for OSX)

LR-OSX.sql
set absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2501/" where absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2501/";
set absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2503/" where absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2503/";
set absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2504/" where absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2504/";
set absolutePath="/Volumes/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2505/" where absolutePath="C:/DSLR/DSLR/ExtHDD 2505/";