Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

RobiWan

Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

Post by RobiWan » 11 Jan 18 18:52

Hi,

some years ago I bought UltraTag+Pro vocabulary. I added different keywords and changed wrong, so my vocabulary has perfect worked with LR and C1.
Now I am on PSU and I do not know how to adapt it to the existing categories best. And if the PSU categories are really correct in themselves.

Places == Herkunft (its only what match)
PSU has "People" as category. But People describes already picture so I think "People" should be a Keyword not category. But its not possible to move or delete them. UltraTag has People as Keyword in Category Environment

Are you all use PSU's categories or your own system?

Mke

Re: Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

Post by Mke » 11 Jan 18 20:27

I'm using my own system, with several additional top level categories in addition to the default ones in PSU.

People, to use your example, is a category in PSU because it is pre-configured so that everything in the category writes metadata to the IPTC and XMP "PersonInImage" fields (in the image or the sidecar file, depending on how you have set up PSU). The word "People" will also be written as a keyword to the hierarchical subject (if you have the option set) to give you something like people|politician|Donald Trump. So I would suggest you probably want to move everything under 'People' in UltraTag to PSU's 'People' category.

I'd suggest suggest experimenting on a test setup with copies of a small number of images before getting too much further...

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Jan 18 22:04

First of all; it is possible to import the UltraTag vocabulary to Photo Supreme (see the Data menu).

After importing I recommend, as Mke also suggests, to organize the relevant top level UltraTag items to the Photo Supreme categories.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 11 Jan 18 22:23

Thanks for the answers.
@Mike - Can you share your categories?

Mke

Post by Mke » 12 Jan 18 12:10

Mine are:

Activity
Being
Concept
Condition
Culture
Environment
Event
Material
Mood
Object
People
Photography
Plants
Places
Transport
Time

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 12 Jan 18 14:38

OK thanks.

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 18 Jan 18 19:29

Hi Guys,

now I have changed my Top-Level structure to use PSU categories and some new categories.
But now I have a problem when I import new images and they have GPS data and I don't know what I can do.

I have set - GEO location processing - up to city level. I'm german and I would like use all keywords in German. I was on a trip to Poland now. So I have correct level structure in places

Herkunft/Europa/Polen/Kujawien-Pommern/Baruchowo

But PSU creates always

Herkunft/Europa/Polen/Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship/Gmina Baruchowo

which is bad and wrong, because canton/ Bundesland - "Kujawien-Pommern" PSU writes in English and City "Baruchowo" writes PSU in Polish

Can PSU somehow be taught if I corrected the terms to assign new images to the existing ones?

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 18 Jan 18 20:15

Presumably due to the database used for reverse lookups - see viewtopic.php?f=57&t=24411. It might be nice to have the option to use a different data source but I accept that (a) it may not be feasible for a number of reasons and (b) some data sources may be good for some regions of the world but not others and v.v. (the UK for example has a convoluted system of administrative boundaries)

You can enter your own place names, which PSU will use, but it does rather defeat the object!

Of course you can create your own labels under places and allocate images to those labels manually - separately and in addition to PSUs automatically created labels - but again it is time consuming, rather defeats the object, and makes it harder to keep a sensible hierarchy.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 18 Jan 18 21:19

Thank you for the answer. Yes this can be true what you write.
If PSU uses Google and Poland has not delivered good data, that can happen. I had not thought of that. This is a shame and really very useful feature is so broken. When creating their own places, I see no sense. I think either you use that as it is - or turn off the feature completely. Since I will look at how it looks with other countries such as Germany, Sweden, Nowegen ....