Catalog Category as dc:title?

RobiWan

Catalog Category as dc:title?

Post by RobiWan » 06 Jan 18 10:48

Hi,

PSU writes image name as title. Is there a way to set it as default write catalog category as title?

/EDITED - change wrong description to title /

Hert

Re: Catalog Category as dc:description?

Post by Hert » 06 Jan 18 11:41

PSU doesn't write image name as description, unless you mean filename as Title (dc:title). That is as per recommendation in the specs.

You can use a macro inline script to enter whatever you like in the description. Still, a description is intended to contain a descriptive text and not a top level category like "Places" or "Events".
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Re: Catalog Category as dc:title?

Post by RobiWan » 06 Jan 18 11:43

I know - I changed title and question this thread ;) I mean of course title not description

Hert

Post by Hert » 06 Jan 18 12:00

If you don't want PSU to write the file name as the title by default (this is as per recommendation of the XMP/IPTC specs, so I vote against writing something else in the title field) then you can switch that off with a registry tweak. See this page for more info (search for FileName in Title):

http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 06 Jan 18 18:03

Hi Hert,

thanks