Labels/ Keywords - how to resolve this?

RobiWan

Labels/ Keywords - how to resolve this?

Post by RobiWan » 31 Dec 17 13:57

Hi all,

/I'm sorry but my english is not the best - I'm not native speaker/

I bought from a few days ago Server version and I am happy with it. The last years I have used C1 as DAM and my preferred RAW editor. The DAM performance is very bad (Windows version. OSX version is OK) and that's why I decided to switch to another system.

Now as first I have exported from C1 all Metadata to XMP files. There were mistakes like wrong copyright or phone number, not all keywords in some places. Then I have imported all this images with xmp files into PSU and corrected all wrong entries (I hope all).

But now if I export all the Metadata from PSU into xmp files and try to replace existing entries in C1 (or LR I have it too) there are some differences and I don't know what I do wrong or what is going here wrong.

I use only hierarchical keywords. I bought a dictionary a few years ago and adapted it to my needs

So my keywords structure is always like this one:

Moments Of Time -> Herkunft -> Europa -> DE Deutschland -> Nordrhein Westfalen -> Altenberge

XMP file exported from C1 give this with exiftool

Subject : Moments Of Time, Herkunft, Europa, DE Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Altenberge
HierarchicalSubject : Moments Of Time, Moments Of Time|Herkunft, Moments Of Time|Herkunft|Europa, Moments Of Time|Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland, Moments Of Time|Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland|Nordrhein-Westfalen, Moments Of Time|Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland|Nordrhein-Westfalen|Altenberge

All this looks fine. But if now export for the same Image Metadata to XMP file
Subject : DE Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Altenberge, Europa, ´╗┐Herkunft
HierarchicalSubject : Moments Of Time|´╗┐Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland, Moments Of Time|´╗┐Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland|Nordrhein-Westfalen, Moments Of Time|´╗┐Herkunft|Europa|DE Deutschland|Nordrhein-Westfalen|Altenberge, Moments Of Time|´╗┐Herkunft|Europa, Moments Of Time|´╗┐Herkunft

What happens with my structure and what happened with "Herkunft" ? I'm a little bit helpless

RobiWan

Re: Labels/ Keywords - how to resolve this?

Post by RobiWan » 01 Jan 18 15:26

Now what I miss and I don't know how I can resolve this is in both - Subject and HierarchicalSubject I miss alone "Moments Of Time"
Maybe someone has a idea how I to tell PSU to write this

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Jan 18 8:25

Photo Supreme manages your places labels in the Places Top Category. If you don't want that (apparently you keep in a hierarchy under "Moments of Time -> Herkunft") then switch it off in Preferences->Synchronize Settings->Read Settings->GEO location processing. Set it to none.
Still, my recommendation for maximum interchangeability is to use the Places category for your location data and not in a, sort of proprietary, sub location within your hierarchy.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 02 Jan 18 8:45

Thank you for the answer but I think there is a misunderstanding.

My old from CaptureOne created Data comes with

Subject : Moments Of Time, Herkunft, Europa, DE Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Altenberge

and after PSU writing XMP file again is subject "only"

Subject : Europa, DE Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Altenberge

and I don't know why? (the same thing is with HierarchicalSubject). And if PSU creates a completely new XMP file then he writes too

Subject : Europa, DE Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Altenberge

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Jan 18 8:49

Because PSU manages your location data in the Places category and *not* in Moments of Time -> Herkunft
If you want to keep your location data in Moment of Time -> Herkunft then disable the setting that I pointed out and reimport. Again, I vote against managing location data in Moment of Time -> Herkunft as this is personal and not interoprable
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 02 Jan 18 9:00

OK I will check it later

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 02 Jan 18 17:53

Hi Hert,

nope, this doesn't help. With location was a example.

I try it again. I have a Image without any Metadata (like keywords !). Now i give in PSU this keyword-structure:

Moments Of Time > Umwelt > Tier > Säugetier > Meeressäuger > Kegelrobbe

PSU writes into XMP

exiftool -s -g _rr_3925.xmp -Subject -HierarchicalSubject
---- XMP ----
Subject : Meeressäuger, Umwelt, Tier, Kegelrobbe, Säugetier
HierarchicalSubject : Moments Of Time|Umwelt|Tier|Säugetier|Meeressäuger, Moments Of Time|Umwelt, Moments Of Time|Umwelt|Tier, Moments Of Time|Umwelt|Tier|Säugetier|Meeressäuger|Kegelrobbe, Moments Of Time|Umwelt|Tier|Säugetier

There is no "Moments Of Time" as keyword

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Jan 18 10:32

Thank you for the email with a screenshot.

Your "Moments of Time" is a top level Category and not a Catalog Label. Only catalog labels turn into keywords (dc:subject). If you want "Moments of Time" to be a keyword then make it a catalog label within one of the top level categories.

But in fact I think that your "Moments of Time" is the top level of your entire catalog structure. And so I would actually recommend that you change that and start using the designated top level categories. Everything below Moments of Time (I think) should be a Category in PSU terms. Herkunft is the Places category.

There's no point in writing Herkunft as a keyword...it doesn't add anything. Europa, Deutchland, Bremen is what identifies the image...not Herkunft, not Moments of Time.
I do realize that this is a major thinking switch for you, so maybe a bridge too far for now ;)