Pixelmator Pro

MikeNaylor

Pixelmator Pro

Post by MikeNaylor » 15 Dec 17 15:12

I've added the file extension .pxd to File Handling and Other Settings. I know I've done this correctly, because I've also implemented Photoshop CC 2018, Affinity Photo, Affinity Design, Exif editor, Preview and TerraRay, and they all work as expected.

However, none of the Pixelmator Pro .pxd files show up in the Import Browser. Any ideas please.

[macOS 10.13.2]
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.

Mke

Re: Pixelmator Pro

Post by Mke » 15 Dec 17 18:06

If you go to Tools -> Preferences -> File Handling, you can add the .pxd extension to those you want PSU to handle.

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 15 Dec 17 18:11

Mke wrote:
15 Dec 17 18:06
If you go to Tools -> Preferences -> File Handling, you can add the .pxd extension to those you want PSU to handle.
I think I just said that...
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Dec 17 20:05

After that you can Verify the folder to find new content. Your newly added extension files should then be found.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 15 Dec 17 22:00

It turns out that a PXD file is infact an application package. Right clicking reveals the contents (NB this is a Mac thing). The Quicklook folder contains 3 small TIFF files which do appear appear in PSU's Import Browser - but only in black. Clearly, this is of no use whatsoever. I didn't notice these before, because I was expecting to see a PXD file and the TIFs were mixed up with other stuff in the import folder.

Pixelmator Pro is very new and Mac only. It promises to be a viable alternative to Photoshop. I'm currently looking at it with that in mind. There are bugs, of course. One, which I have reported, is its handling of XMP metadata.

The Mac Finder & Quicklook work as expected and I seem to remember reading that PSU should use the OS generated preview.

In the attached ZIP is a Pixelmator Pro file (a Mac package). This will only appear as a single file on a Mac. Windows will see the package contents.
Attachments
test.pxd.zip
(191.66 KiB) Downloaded 15 times