Color Management on Mac?

MikeNaylor

Re: Color Management on Mac?

Post by MikeNaylor » 08 Dec 17 21:47

Stephen wrote:
08 Dec 17 21:13
Are you sure that the iMac 27" Retina Display can actually be calibrated correctly? Have you spoken to X-Rite?
(I personally use EIZO monitors with the X-Rite i1 Display calibrator.)
A little off topic, but an interesting question which I'll investigate further. However, I am able to produce excellent prints when soft proofed in Photoshop. They always compare favourably with what I see on the iMac. Thanks to you, I've just read something on the Internet claiming the i1 software can be used with a ColorMunki, so I'll investigate that too.
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 09 Dec 17 17:09

Sorry if it appears off topic, but it might be relevant to clarify this point first. I was not aware that any Mac display can be correctly hardware calibrated. I am also unaware of any photo agencies or art buyers using a Mac display.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 09 Dec 17 18:19

I don't want to get into a Windows vs Apple discussion, but I know quite a few professional Photographers who do use Macs with Apple displays. I also know another who spent a fortune building a custom go faster PC with an EIZO display. He's had nothing but problems, crashing, freezing and malware.
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.