Uploading to Flickr - not going as planned

RickHeath

Uploading to Flickr - not going as planned

Post by RickHeath » 10 Jul 17 12:04

Having found that Photo Supreme doesn't let you drag & drop like IDimager did, I finally got round to setting up the Flickr upload in "Share". Initial tests seemed to be OK but something definitely went awry uploading a batch of 160 photos to a Flickr album.
  • The upload never seemed to complete - it stuck at 97.2%. There doesn't seem to be any way of knowing what Photo Supreme is up to (or not).
  • The date/time on some of the images was screwed up so they wouldn't sort automatically into any sensible order.
  • The album uploaded contained 143 photos but 162 images had been uploaded, therefore not all had been put in the album! There weren't any obvious stray images from anywhere else so I presume there were some duplicates but by this time I'd lost the will & deleted the lot and am re loading them using the old Flickr Uploadr program that I have on this PC.

snowman1

Re: Uploading to Flickr - not going as planned

Post by snowman1 » 12 Jul 17 23:00

The lack of sorting can be frustrating. It is often - perhaps nearly always - the case that pictures need to be uploaded in chronological order to make sense to viewers, but PSU uploads in no particular order (that I can see). Maybe this is in part due to multi-threading of the uploader. My own fault for not raising a Mantis ticket for it! Having said all this I haven't noticed any changing of dates/times, nor freezing of the process.
Duplicates have been a major issue in the past, making the feature unusable, and I also found this was related to albums, though not in any way I could easily reproduce or pin down.
The duplicate issues have taken a long while to be fixed - and then the problems seem to re-occur. If you search Mantis for Flickr you will find various bug reports. Flickr uploading, along with geotagging, have been very buggy areas of PSU, and my own opinion is that the effort that has gone into the Flickr album sync feature was unnecessary and would have been better spent in fixing the issues. Flickr uploading and the time taken to address the Flickr issues are areas of PSU that I have not been satisfied with (though the product is generally very good indeed in most other areas).
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Jul 17 7:40

For a fixed order you can sort in a Portfolio collection and then sync that to Flickr
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 13 Jul 17 19:10

Hi Hert, that is a very useful tip, thank you!
I haven't been flickring much lately but I often do use portfolios, so I'm surprised I've had the issue - perhaps it's been on those occasions when I synched from a catalog label view instead - I shall make sure I use portfolios next time.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------