How do i add multiple keywords at once without using label sets feat

angelanthony

How do i add multiple keywords at once without using label sets feat

Post by angelanthony » 09 Jun 17 4:44

so im loving label sets feat and using it to add alot of repetitive keywords to my content however i want to know is there a way in photosupreme where i can copy a list of keywords that are comma separated and paste them into a field all at once for photosupreme to add the keywords to the content. i noticed on the details section the keywords field have to be put in one at a time. and i tried doing this on the assign section where it says type a label name here but this also just brings up 1 entry at a time. am i missing something or does someone know how to do this?

Hert

Re: How do i add multiple keywords at once without using label sets feat

Post by Hert » 09 Jun 17 7:07

The typical way to assign multiple labels is indeed by using Label Sets.

You appear to have lists of "keyword-sets" somewhere in a separate document and you would want to copy these to the keyword section every time. Is this an "every time" action or are you in some sort of transition phase from another way of working to PSU?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

angelanthony

Post by angelanthony » 10 Jun 17 0:59

yes im actually using lightroom and photo supreme server version to juggle my content

i have keywords on video content that are comma separated in LR that i would love to copy and paste right into Photosupreme
but as it stands i have to key them in one by one and i find myself punching in 20 to 30 keywords in at a time manually into photosupreme
looking for a better solution

Mke

Post by Mke » 10 Jun 17 12:49

One option might be to apply each 'keyword set' to a 'reference' photo in LR, then import the images into PSU (so creating labels) and park them in a folder reserved for the purpose. From there you could copy and paste the labels from the relevant reference photo to your new content. In other words, your reference photos in PSU would serve a similar function to your existing comma separated lists.

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Jun 17 12:51

This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

angelanthony

Post by angelanthony » 12 Jun 17 22:01

ok i tried the script . i had a total of 46 keywords i cut and pasted into the field and 36 keywords stuck to the video file. i tried again and only 36 were entered . also i noticed when i went to close the script it asks me to save the changes it actually saves the script with the keywords . so the next time i open the script i see my previous keywords in the script . is there a way to flush out the previous set of keywords when initiating a new keyword tag onto an asset

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Jun 17 22:35

Instead of pressing Ctrl-V, try right click-Paste

angelanthony

Post by angelanthony » 13 Jun 17 0:46

ok the right click and paste worked. however out of the 46 keywords i had added 36 were already previously entered by the script. i noticed duplicate keywords happened when ran the script again with your suggestion. i checked both in the details / keyword section as well as the assign tags section. can the script accommodate for duplicate keywords where it scans the selected assets and looks at the keywords being applied and not to duplicate them?

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Jun 17 6:00

The script searches for duplicates. is your list separated with a comma or comma-space. Right now the script expects a comma only. If you have comma-space then either remove the spaces before pasting or change the script to use comma-space instead of comma (it's in the Tokenize call)

angelanthony

Post by angelanthony » 13 Jun 17 21:32

ok im such a newbie with code but i can give it a try on changing the script code to accomidate comma space
you mentioned change the script to use comma-space instead of comma (it's in the Tokenize call)
can you let me know which line and code to change on the script and then i can test it. thanks i appreciate this .

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 15 Jun 17 11:36

It's on line 23.

Code: Select all

Tokenize(ACommaText, ',', ATokens);
should be changed to:

Code: Select all

Tokenize(ACommaText, ', ', ATokens);
I haven't tested this but I believe it is what Hert meant for you to do.
Tom Stoddard

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Jun 17 14:31

That is correct. In the mean time I already updated the script. You need to download the latest version though.