Dual C:\ Drive Folders

Paul Harris

Dual C:\ Drive Folders

Post by Paul Harris » 06 Jun 17 3:59

I've been inactive for a while, but am ready to pickup where I left off. I am puzzled by the fact that my Folders Window lists two C:\ drives:

>C:\ [DAFA-B142]
>C:\ [665B-CA57]

There is a similar file structure under each with duplicate folders. Like folders have a different count of images on each drive, and they do not appear to be duplicate photos. If I drag a photo from one folder to its counterpart on the other drive I get a message that the file already exists. A possible clue is that this database has been moved to new computers twice since I was previously working with PSU.

So, question is, "How did I get here? And, more importantly, how do I resolve this?"

Thanks,

Paul

Hert

Re: Dual C:\ Drive Folders

Post by Hert » 06 Jun 17 6:55

Hi Paul,

You might have switched the physical hard drive in the past and then PSU thinks the C drive is a different C drive.

Right click on the "wrong" C top node and then select "Map to the correct physical path". Then point to the correct root.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Paul Harris

Re: Dual C:\ Drive Folders

Post by Paul Harris » 06 Jun 17 14:50

Thanks, Hert. I believe it is now straightened out.

Paul