SQLITE_ERROR - Safety level ...

vkfoto

SQLITE_ERROR - Safety level ...

Post by vkfoto » 19 Nov 16 0:17

After some heavy cataloging, performance was slowing so I thought it would be a good time to compact the database and thumbnails too. When I returned I saw an SQLITE_ERROR on the screen. Safety level may not be changed inside a transaction (0).

Was that what I was doing? What does that mean, how do I avoid it. I don't think the compacting succeeded
error safety level.JPG
error safety level.JPG (18.62 KiB) Viewed 7708 times

vkfoto

Re: SQLITE_ERROR - Safety level ...

Post by vkfoto » 19 Nov 16 20:52

This is getting serious.

After the above error, I closed for the night and this morning all the thumbnails are not showing. Can they be turned off?
The cat db is over 3.3 GB and the thumbs db is over 78 GB for 236k images Surely not too big for the database.
And now the PSu shows not responding.

Is there a db validation and repair function?
Last edited by vkfoto on 19 Nov 16 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 19 Nov 16 22:12

Seems to have healed itself or it got tired of giving me the willies. My confidence has taken a hit. Was it something I did / didn't do that set off these events?

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Nov 16 3:59

First make a separate backup
Then compact again

If no error is given then your ok because the database is recreated on compact.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 22 Nov 16 0:53

Made a backup of the database folder and compacted both the catalog and thumbnail databases. This time no errors. Now we're back in business, organizing the backlog and labeling. Wonder what happened to set this off.