Copying folder hierarchy when using "Copy to Folder"

barneagle

Copying folder hierarchy when using "Copy to Folder"

Post by barneagle » 15 Nov 16 15:05

Is it possible, when using the Copy to Folder command, to create a folder hierarchy under the target folder that emulates the hierarchy under the Top Level Folder in Photo Supreme?

If not, perhaps it's possible to use ExifTool where I think inserting %d in the target folder path copies the hierarchy. I see that Photo Supreme has support for ExifTool macro commands. Is there any help on how to do this more detailed than the very brief paragraph in the V3 What's New?

vlad

Re: Copying folder hierarchy when using "Copy to Folder"

Post by vlad » 15 Nov 16 21:41

I don't know how you could copy to a folder hierarchy. Are you trying to basically mirror the image folder hierarchy to the target folder? Which is that very brief paragraph you mentioned?

barneagle

Re: Copying folder hierarchy when using "Copy to Folder"

Post by barneagle » 15 Nov 16 22:41

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. Having made a selection of photos I would like to export them outside Photo Supreme. If the selection includes TLF>FolderA>PhotoA and TLF>FolderB1>FolderB2>PhotoB and so on (where TLF=Top level Folder within Photo Supreme) I would like the exported photos to end up as TargetFolder>FolderA>PhotoA and TargetFolder>FolderB1>FolderB2>PhotoB and so on.

One reason is so that I don't have to worry about duplicated file names. Also, since I'm working with reduced size photos because of space limitations, preserving the folder names helps me track down the original full size photos when I need them.

I have in the past used ExifTool to do something similar: for example to copy files in the Before directory that are rated 1 or higher to the After directory I have used a Windows batch file with the commands

Code: Select all

"cd "\ExifTool\Before"
C:\ExifTool\exiftool.exe" -k -r -if "$Rating ge 1"  [some tag manipulation]  * -o "C:/ExifTool/After/%%d/"
If Photo Supreme would allow me to apply a similar ExifTool command to any selection that I make within Photo Supreme that would be helpful.

The brief paragraph I mentioned is in http://www.idimager.com/support/PhotoSu ... atsNew.pdf. Item 57 reads:
Added support for ExifTool macro commands. Requirements for Windows: place exiftool.exe
in the folder %localappdata%\IDimager Systems, Inc. On MacOSSX you just
need to install ExifTool. Then use macros like "%exiftool:tagname", where tag name
is the short name as documented by ExifTool; e.g. %exiftool:make