Problem with custom folders on import

RickHeath

Problem with custom folders on import

Post by RickHeath » 09 Oct 16 23:44

I'm having problems getting a custom folder format in the import settings to stick. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I'm setting up the folder to be, for example, "2016-10-09 Sunday Walk" where "Sunday walk is the Event Name. After the "%dd" for day I am adding a text part of " "(space) then and Event Name line (shows as "%EventName") then adding another text part "\"(there is a final script following this that puts RAWs into a subfolder). If I click "apply" it appears to work OK. But if I then re-open the custom folder the 3 sections above get merged into " EventName\" so I am in danger of getting folders with the reversed date simply called EventName rather than the actual Event Name I have typed at the start of importing. I appear to have to re-add the %EventName every time I change profiles (or at least every time I open the custom folder (More settings>Sub folder [Custom Defined...]>Custom Defined...). The "%" seems to go AWOL each time.

Stephen

Re: Problem with custom folders on import

Post by Stephen » 10 Oct 16 14:07

Unsure whether this might (partly) answer your question, but having determined your custom folder settings, if you then click on custom defined in the Import >Subfolder setting a window will open. If you click on the 3 horizontal bars top right of that pop-up window, you have a selection of functions, including save.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

RickHeath

Post by RickHeath » 10 Oct 16 23:02

Thanks, that may help.

If the download reads the saved file directly & properly it should work. If I open the saved file* in Notebook it has the % in front of EventName but if I open it in the "Custom defined..." dialog the % is absent.

*saved file content is

Code: Select all

%yyyy\%mm %mmmm\%yyyy-%mm-%dd %EventName\%coderesult := iif(ImageItem.IsRAW, 'RAW', '')%/code

RickHeath

Post by RickHeath » 17 Oct 16 21:28

The custom folders now work in the import profile as intended by calling up the saved file. Even if opening it up in the dialog breaks it by losing the % in front of EventName. I'm guessing that is a bug in the software behind the dialog box.

For my next problem... I'll start a new topic. :?