Movies not importing

acertain

Movies not importing

Post by acertain » 15 Aug 16 5:52

Looking around through the documentation and forums, it seems that movies should be getting imported along with images; however, it's not happening for me. I have a CF card from my Canon 7DMkII that has .CR2 and .MP4 files on it. When I import, the .CR2 files get imported, but the .MP4 files are left behind. I tried "More settings..." on import, but the videos don't even show up as options to mark.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Andrew

Hert

Re: Movies not importing

Post by Hert » 15 Aug 16 7:29

Andrew,

Can you verify that the .mp4 extension is listed in Preferences->File Handling->Other File Extensions. If not, then add it there.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

acertain

Post by acertain » 15 Aug 16 15:37

Yes. I should have mentioned that I had already checked that.

Andrew

acertain

Post by acertain » 15 Aug 16 15:39

Also, I imported a bunch of stuff from my phone and movies (MP4 and 3GP) did import. It's only from the Canon card that I'm having this problem.

Andrew

acertain

Post by acertain » 15 Aug 16 15:48

Did some more experiments. If I choose "EOS_DIGITAL" from the "Where are your images coming from" pop-up, then movies get ignored. If I choose "Select folder" and choose the drive that is mapped to the CF card, then movies do show up.

Andrew