Latest version 3.3x fail to import

rfcat

Latest version 3.3x fail to import

Post by rfcat » 31 Jul 16 5:57

Hi,
I installed the latest version of single user Idimager which performed a database update.
I have tried a couple of times to import photos, raw files from a Canon 6D and failed.
The first time time there was a long list of errors about "error while converting raw file".
The SD card concerned has files that were previously loaded into Idimager.

Your thoughts on what might have gone wrong?

Ian M
Ian M
Photography, understanding how to catalogue so I can find my photos. :D .

DirkS

Re: Latest version 3.3x fail to import

Post by DirkS » 31 Jul 16 12:15

A few things need clarifying:
Did you update an existing PSu installation?
Is the SD card inserted in your computer or in your camera?
Do you use a conversion script (e.g. RAW to DNG) during import?
Do you use a detail profile to add / modify metadata during import?
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

rfcat

Post by rfcat » 03 Aug 16 10:28

Let me see if I can make this clarification simpler.
I installed the latest version of idimager which when run to load photos into the existing idimager database performed a database update.

Then using the same process I have used many time connected the SD directly into the Mac mini port.
I have an import script that does not convert message anything, all it does is place files in folders based on the shoot date of the photo.
While doing this import I get an error message "error while converting raw file." and nothing imports.
The photos are still readable on the SD card when placed back in the camera. I haven't tried reading the SD card using other software.

Ian
PS please don't try to treat me as a fool, I have been using this software for some time.
Ian M

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 Aug 16 20:15

rfcat wrote:I installed the latest version of idimager
I assume you mean the latest version of Photo Supreme?
I have an import script that does not convert message anything, all it does is place files in folders based on the shoot date of the photo.
While doing this import I get an error message "error while converting raw file." and nothing imports.
What script is that? Can you post a copy here? This sounds like an error that comes from the script. A screenshot of the error message could also help.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

rfcat

Post by rfcat » 04 Aug 16 13:51

Correct latest version of Photo Supreme.
The copy process is in the profile and I have no idea how to get at it, so I can put a copy here. The profile uses the standard features about folder and date formatting. The profile has worked for a number of years since the last major upgrade changed the profile structure.
Looking at the folder, the files are created but not copied all the files have 0 size.
Because Photo Supreme thinks the photos are already loaded it doesn't produce the error.
Ian M

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Aug 16 20:48

If you can send me a copy of your profile to support@idimager.com then I can check if it's configured correctly.
Thank you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

rfcat

Post by rfcat » 06 Aug 16 3:11

Hi Hert,
I don't know how to export the script. I cannot find a place where the import script lives. I have checked the MAC library folder, looked through all the Photo Supreme menu items.
Ian M

rfcat

Post by rfcat » 06 Aug 16 3:42

A different SD card and all is now working well. Photos import without errors.
Ian M