Flickr sync creates extraneous collection

roddyt

Flickr sync creates extraneous collection

Post by roddyt » 24 Jun 16 3:22

I am experimenting with syncing portfolio collections with Flickr. My existing Flickr structure is Decade > Year > Month where Decade and Year are collections, and Month is the album containing the photos. As an example, photos from this month would be under 2010s > 2016 > 2016_06.

I am trying to mimic this structure, so in PSu, using the example above, 2010s is a portfolio, and the other two are collections, where the leaf-level collection has the photos. When I sync, the leaf-level is created in Flickr as both a collection and an album under it. It looks like this: 2010s > 2016 > 2016_06 > 2016_06

Is there any way to do this so the leaf-level is created only as an album in Flickr without the extraneous collection?
Incidentally, I am running the latest beta version because of the duplicate upload issue.

Thanks,
Roddy

Hert

Re: Flickr sync creates extraneous collection

Post by Hert » 24 Jun 16 20:32

This should be fixed in the next update; you can opt to install the beta

http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=24186
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

roddyt

Post by roddyt » 25 Jun 16 1:49

Excellent, thank you.

roddyt

Post by roddyt » 26 Jun 16 2:56

I just tried this in the new beta. The extraneous collection is gone, which is good, but now there is another issue. Where there are multiple leaf-level PSu collections (in my case, I have one for each month), all are created as albums in Flickr., but only the last one in the list is placed in the collection structure, all others are orphans. I manually added them to the collection within Flickr, but when I synced again, they were removed.

PSu does apply changes to all albums when synced, even the ones that were not put in collections.