12 posts • Page 1 of 1
Thanks for submitting the bug report, fbungarz. Right now I have an even more serious problem in that I can't even access my database at all. This developed over the last three days, and I have a new thread entitled: "SQLITE_ERROR - not a writeable directory" to bring it to the attention of those who might be able to help me solved it. -- Carl
This is off topic. But check disk space. Check hard drive heathy condition. If there's enough space and your drive is healthy then your database can be corrupt (power outage?). Restore your backup.
Hert, when I substitute a backup copy of the database for the current one, I get exactly the same error message. So there is something else going on here other than mere database corruption. I also did a reinstall of PSU, which did not help. I did not uninstall before the reinstall, however. No idea what to try next. -- Carl
It's an SQLite error, not a PSU error and it means what it says: the directory is not writable. Did you check my other suggestions? Disk full? disk permissions, etc etc. anything that can prevent software from writing to the folder where your database is stored or your OS temp folder
Disk is not anywhere near full. I'm checking on permissions, and have not found any problems yet. All my other software that access that disk that I've tried so far are not reporting any problems. I'm going to check more on the permission thing as that can be kind of tricky. Why the permissions would have changed is beyond me.
Also check the temp folder of the OS. If nothing helps, then google on the error message.
This is strange. I've checked all the permissions and changed ownership of the drive in question and all folders and subfolders but the problems persists. I also looked at the system temp folder and found nothing out of the ordinary there. I deleted all files not being currently used in that folder. HOWEVER, I just tried to access another -- older catalog -- on an entirely different drive -- and I get exactly the same error message. I'm beginning to think that the error message is bogus and that the real problem is somewhere else or involving some other variable. I should NOT be getting this error message with another catalog on another drive. They couldn't have both become corrupt at the same time. Interestingly, through all of this, I have had not problems with any other files, folders on this drive, or programs that access them -- only PSU. I know you said that this is not a PSU problem, but it does appear to be a PSU specific problem -- a subtle but real distinction. Any further advise would be appreciated.
One further question: The only program that was added between the time PSU last worked and now is SOS Online Backup. Are there any known incompatibilities between PSU and/or SQLITE and this backup program?
Last edited by n8vz on 12 Jun 16 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. I have done a search on the error message and not gotten any real helpful information. As I said, I'm beginning to think the error message is not identifying the correct problem but is only a symptom of the problem. I've now tried to open yet a third old catalog on yet another drive. Same error message results. Somethings not "cricket" (apologies to my Brit friends) with this error message.
No known issues with that backup program (never heard of it before). But it could be that the file is opened by another process which causes sqlite to not open the file in write mode.
OK. I've finally got it working. There was nothing wrong with the database file, per se. However, I had to do a refresh of my OS to get it to work. I still have no idea what caused the problem to appear "out of the blue."
Hert, I did have one other anomaly that cleared up once I did the OS refresh (Win10-64). I had an amateur radio logging program that would not install. I kept getting a message that an msi file couldn't be found in the /AppData/Local/Temp folder. Once I did the OS refresh, I was able to install this program without a problem. Apparently, during execution the install program (.exe file) transferred an *.msi file to the temp directory for execution, but that process couldn't complete. Perhaps this might shed further light on what my original problem was. Just thought you'd like the further bit of information. -- Carl