Beta 3.3 version

weidmic

Re: Beta 3.3 version

Post by weidmic » 19 Apr 16 18:14

Thanks, downloading and testing after backup....
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Apr 16 23:56

Thank you for the valuable input so far.
The 3.3 beta is now updated to build 2417. Use the same download link as in the opening post. You can install over your existing 3.3 beta.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

weidmic

Post by weidmic » 26 Apr 16 1:04

I can confirm this bug is fixed:
http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3038

However, I still have to copy the pg_dump from the postgres installation into the PSU installation folder in order to utilize the PSU backup tool...
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 26 Apr 16 2:59

Hert,

The location data is now being written correctly (not duplicated) to the iptc extension Location Shown and Location Created tags. However, there seems to have been some changes in the settings of the country labels. Mappings and detail profile settings seem to have been removed.

My United States label used to be mapped to the photoshop:Country tag under the Image Content section and it had a detail profile applied that wrote the country code to the Iptc4xmpCore:CountryCode tag. The label settings still show a check in the Apply Detail Profile box but the profile has nothing in it and the photoshop:Country mapping is no longer checked. I'm not sure how that got changed but it did. Files I labeled 3 days ago have that metadata written to them but the ones I just now labeled using the beta version don't.

I looked at my Canada label because I know I had it configured the same way. It is also missing mappings and data in the detail profile that is applied to it. The photoshop:Country mapping is no longer there and the detail profile that is applied is empty. It seems that this must have happened when the database was converted because I didn't touch those labels.

I tried updating the Canada label's Detail Profile and waited for the 900 files to sync and then looked at the label again and the profile was empty again. The mapping to the photoshop:Country tag did persist.
Tom Stoddard

Hert

Post by Hert » 26 Apr 16 7:00

Thank you, but please post issue details in Mantis. You can always reopen the ticket there. Details here overlooked when a ticket is picked up later.

This topic is to inform users of beta updates and if needed to help them to get the beta installed
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

andrew.heard

Post by andrew.heard » 26 Apr 16 9:59

I can read all ongoing forum discussion using an RSS feed - into website Feedly, an new aggregator. Is there an RSS link for Mantis so I can view all ongoing ticket discussions? If not, I'm glad users also post useful information into this forum and/or Mantis.

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 26 Apr 16 13:00

andrew.heard wrote:I can read all ongoing forum discussion using an RSS feed - into website Feedly, an new aggregator. Is there an RSS link for Mantis so I can view all ongoing ticket discussions?
If you're on the Mantis page then you should see the RSS icon at the top right. It's a link for the feed URL (NB: make sure you choose the correct 'project')
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

andrew.heard

Post by andrew.heard » 26 Apr 16 22:58

Thanks DirkS. Feedly detects new Mantis tickets but it doesn't appear to detect any followup comments in existing tickets, whereas it does detect all comments in the forum.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Apr 16 10:02

Anyone running the stand alone 3.3 beta should upgrade to build 2425 asap. Also, restart with your data from the official version. This only applies to the users of the stand alone version. There's no update for the Server version.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 27 Apr 16 11:54

Hert,

After installing build 2425 everything appears to be working correctly. Specifically, all location labels are writing the correct metadata to the correct places in the files and the detail profiles and mappings are all working as expected. Thank you!
Tom Stoddard

KeesdH

Post by KeesdH » 27 Apr 16 16:08

Hert wrote:Anyone running the stand alone 3.3 beta should upgrade to build 2425 asap. Also, restart with your data from the official version. This only applies to the users of the stand alone version.
Hert,

How do I restart from the official version? Can I restore the backup from the official version into 3.3 beta? Or do I have to install the official version first and restore and install the beta again?

Thanks for your advise.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Apr 16 16:17

Kees, restoring in the beta should do the trick. On a restart your restored database will be upgraded again

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Apr 16 17:50

The 3.3 beta for Server PostgreSQL was updated to build 2428. No need to restart with your old database.

Mke

Post by Mke » 27 Apr 16 18:55

tstoddard wrote:Hert,

After installing build 2425 everything appears to be working correctly. Specifically, all location labels are writing the correct metadata to the correct places in the files and the detail profiles and mappings are all working as expected. Thank you!
I've also imported and cataloged several hundred photos with the beta and have so far found the same.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 27 Apr 16 21:08

sorry to be be a bit thick, but is the sequence:
1. restore
2. upgrade
3. restart

or
1. upgrade
2. restart
3. restore
4. restart

Also, is it 100% necessary to restore? Just checking!
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------