Login Screen Asking For Password, But Never Set One Up

Link648099

Login Screen Asking For Password, But Never Set One Up

Post by Link648099 » 11 Mar 16 5:16

I have PS3 and was in the middle of working with my images when the Login box popped up all of a sudden asking me for a password.

I never set up a password, and do not use the Login screen when starting up PS3. Needless to say it wouldn't accept whatever was automatically populated in the password section and now I can't open up the program.

Why did PS3 all of a sudden decide to set a password, and two, how can I get back into my catalog?

Thanks

Mike Buckley

Re: Login Screen Asking For Password, But Never Set One Up

Post by Mike Buckley » 11 Mar 16 7:21

I don't know why the dialog suddenly appeared, but try using the default password, master2004. Be aware that once you have loaded the program, you can also open the Tools menu and select Change your password.

Link648099

Post by Link648099 » 12 Mar 16 2:31

Mike,

That worked! Thank you very much!

Yeah, I'm not sure why it did it either. I was just tagging pictures when the box started coming up. Hopefully it won't happen again.

PhilBurton

Post by PhilBurton » 12 Mar 16 22:20

Mike Buckley wrote:I don't know why the dialog suddenly appeared, but try using the default password, master2004. Be aware that once you have loaded the program, you can also open the Tools menu and select Change your password.
So why do we even need a password at all? I tried entering a blank password, but that was not accepted.

Phil
Photo Supreme user
Home built i7 3930, 32 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64, latest version of Photo Supreme 3, Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS 6 (perpetual licenses)

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 12 Mar 16 22:38

PhilBurton wrote:So why do we even need a password at all?
I can imagine that a photographer specializing in nude photography might want a separate catalog with its own password if there are young children in the house that the photographer feels are not yet ready to have a conversation about the topic.

PhilBurton

Post by PhilBurton » 13 Mar 16 0:01

Mike Buckley wrote:
PhilBurton wrote:So why do we even need a password at all?
I can imagine that a photographer specializing in nude photography might want a separate catalog with its own password if there are young children in the house that the photographer feels are not yet ready to have a conversation about the topic.
Mike,

LOL! If/when/ever I am a grandparent, then I would need a password, AND if/when/ever I take up nude photography. For all of us who aren't in that situation, can't we have an option to not use a password. After all, you can set up Windows so that it boots up without needing a password.

Phil
Photo Supreme user
Home built i7 3930, 32 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64, latest version of Photo Supreme 3, Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS 6 (perpetual licenses)

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 13 Mar 16 0:31

Hi Phil,
there are people who need passwords for their databases, others who don't. I can imagine many professional scenarios besides nude photography where some photo studio, agency etc. may need a password to protect their database. Then there is tons of people who won't need one.
So, ideally PSu should offer a choice not having to use a password or the option to use one. But, as I have pointed out in another thread on this topic (http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... 93#p112093), PSu is a database driven system, built on SQL and there might be a programming necessity/rationale why all generations of PSu (and IDI) have used the default 'master2004' as a password.
Besides - you could always file a feature request in Mantis and see if Hert explains why it cannot/is not being implemented or perhaps actually finds a way how to do it...
Cheers,
Frank

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 13 Mar 16 4:44

PhilBurton wrote:can't we have an option to not use a password
We already have essentially that situation at least if we are using only one catalog because we can use the default password and disable the login dialog at startup. (I don't know about using more than one catalog and/or using the server version.)