Dynamic Filter "not" filter option

Roman

Dynamic Filter "not" filter option

Post by Roman » 13 Feb 16 1:17

The dynamic filter feature is great but is limited to "and" or "or" filter options. Is there a way for doing "not" filtering?
Roman

tstoddard

Re: Dynamic Filter "not" filter option

Post by tstoddard » 13 Feb 16 3:31

Roman wrote:Is there a way for doing "not" filtering?
Roman,

Yes there is. Right click on anything that you've dragged into the dynamic search panel and choose "Exclude from search".

Dynamic search is actually much more versatile than you may think. There is a menu in the top right corner that enables you to group your current searches. It's like putting your current search criteria inside parentheses. Then you can then add additional items to the search panel. You can continue to do this to accomplish some pretty complex searches. You can also add your current search to Favorites and then drag saved searches from the Favorites panel back into the dynamic search panel to combine them with other criteria. There is really quite a lot you can accomplish using dynamic search if you try. It's not perfect and you can get unexpected results at times but I've found it very useful.
Tom Stoddard

Roman

Re: Dynamic Filter "not" filter option

Post by Roman » 13 Feb 16 4:06

Thanks Tom, this is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't think to try right licking on the filter item.