Better scripting manual?

DirkS

Re: Better scripting manual?

Post by DirkS » 07 Feb 16 18:31

PhilBurton wrote:
DirkS wrote:
It would be nice to have something similar again. Access would have to be seriously regulated, though.
How about if access is limited only to people who can successfully log on to the forum? Would that work?

Phil
That would not be enough.
Anybody can create an account on the forum. The first post has to get past a moderator. But even then somebody can sneak through if they're clever enough. I have seen first posts from spammers that look perfectly legit...

But yes, moderating first edits on a wiki would probably minimise the amount of spam.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 07 Feb 16 19:39

How about restricting it to paid up customers?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

PhilBurton

Post by PhilBurton » 08 Feb 16 0:20

Stephen wrote:How about restricting it to paid up customers?
Or, write access is restricted to paid up customers. Others get read-only access, so they can get a sense of the online resources available.

Phil
Photo Supreme user
Home built i7 3930, 32 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64, latest version of Photo Supreme 3, Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS 6 (perpetual licenses)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 08 Feb 16 19:57

PhilBurton wrote:
Stephen wrote:How about restricting it to paid up customers?
Or, write access is restricted to paid up customers. Others get read-only access, so they can get a sense of the online resources available.

Phil
An even better idea!
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.