PSU overrides mouse scroll settings

fbungarz

PSU overrides mouse scroll settings

Post by fbungarz » 11 Jan 16 22:59

Hi,
I did not notice this before, but is it possible that build 3.2.0.2307 of PSU changes how scrolling with a mouse wheel works?
Every time I now use the mouse wheel to scroll one line of thumbs PSU jumps two lines. I have tried changing how my mouse is configured - to no avail. In Mouse Configurations can choose whatever scroll setting I want (1 line, 2 lines, 3 lines) - PSU always jumps two rows! Also, changing the size of the thumbs from 100% to a bigger or lower size hardly makes a difference.
This is VERY annoying. Using the scroll wheel it is virtually impossible to move the lines precisely. This is only possible clicking the arrows above and below the scroll bars. Using the scroll bar on the right is not particularly smooth either.
Is this intended behavior?
Thanks,
Frank

PS: No other program that I am using behaves that way...

andrew.heard

Re: PSU overrides mouse scroll settings

Post by andrew.heard » 12 Jan 16 2:48

Good observation Frank. I'd often wondered about this but never got around to posting online. I'd much prefer PSu used the OS mouse scrolling setting instead of its hard coded 2 lines per scroll. BTW I think you mean 3.2.0.2073

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 12 Jan 16 10:23

I'd much prefer PSu used the OS mouse scrolling setting instead of its hard coded 2 lines per scroll.
OK; so it is not just me then. I really hate if programs interfere with settings meant tow work across the whole operating system. This is probably buried somewhere in the registry and I am wondering if Hert could provide a registry hack to get rid of it. I would much appreciate to have PSu scroll just like any other program.
BTW I think you mean 3.2.0.2073
My mistake...
Frank

vlad

Post by vlad » 12 Jan 16 12:45

You might want to submit a feature request to Mantis.

rdv4rjm

Post by rdv4rjm » 30 Dec 18 20:33

Reviving an old post...
Just wondering if it still is the case for PSU overriding mouse settings in Windows as well as in OSX.

It is very hard to scroll down when there is large number of photos on screen.

Was a solution ever brought to this issue?

rdv4rjm

Post by rdv4rjm » 01 Jan 19 2:05

Update:
Issue seems present only in PSU on Windows OS.

No problem on all OSX systems.