Wrestling with white balance point

wphx

Wrestling with white balance point

Post by wphx » 25 Nov 15 21:34

I've taken a lot of underwater photos in a recent snorkelling trip.

I'm struggling with the WB point feature under the colours filter.

On many occasions when I select a colour, it simply slides the temperature to the max right and the tint to the max left. Are there any requirements for when I select the WB Point?

At other times, when it seesm to select the right temperature/tint, I save the recipe, then go back to it, and the tint has been reset to 0 - has anyone experienced this?

Many thanks

Preston B

Re: Wrestling with white balance point

Post by Preston B » 26 Nov 15 19:15

If you think this is a bug in Photo Supreme, you might want to post at Mantis. In the interim, it may be best to use your RAW converter or stand alone image editor to adjust the white balance/color balance.

--P
Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA

Photo Supreme on Puget Systems Obsidian: Win 10-64 bit Intel i5Quad Core 3.3Ghz 32GB RAM, and Puget Systems Traverse Laptop. Chamonix 4x5 and Nikon D-7100.

Please visit my web site at www.gildedmoon.com

wphx

Post by wphx » 26 Nov 15 21:37

Thanks - will do - I've since been getting good results from another piece of software, however my first preference is always to do it in PSU - other than that I'm loving the software.

HCS

Post by HCS » 29 Nov 15 18:00

wphx wrote:..., however my first preference is always to do it in PSU -...
I wonder why, a RAW converter is much better suited to doing that (and many other things to RAW files). PSU can cooperate quite well with a number of converters out there (Lightroom, Capture One, DxO, Photo Ninja to name a few).