Sort Order in Portfolios

Mike Buckley

Sort Order in Portfolios

Post by Mike Buckley » 29 Jul 15 4:26

I have manually sorted the order of the images in a Portfolio Collection four times and every time it has become unsorted when I display any other collection. How does one get the sort order to stick?

Hert

Re: Sort Order in Portfolios

Post by Hert » 29 Jul 15 6:31

Click the View Button
Set the Sort order to None
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 29 Jul 15 12:06

It was already set to "No Sorting."

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Jul 15 16:49

Hi Mike, hmm in that case try this:

1. Select the first thumb
2. Press Ctrl-end to place it as the last one
3. PressCtrl-Home to bring it back to front
4. Then manually sort

Does that help?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 03 Aug 15 12:18

Sorry it took so long to try this out, but, no, that does not help. As far as I can tell, it is the same 30 or so images that become out of order. They always move to the first part of the order. So, I wonder if there is something about those photos that is preventing the manual sort from sticking, though I have no idea what that would be.

I have about 60 manually sorted Portfolio Collections made in the last seven years and I'm not aware that this problem has ever occurred in any of them except this one Collection, though I haven't checked them because it would take a lot of time to do that. Since creating the malcontent Collection, I have created another Collection and I am positive that it has remained stable without trying the method you recommended.

Very peculiar, especially if it is impossible to reproduce in any Collection other than this one Collection.

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Aug 15 7:06

Mike,

I've tried it here and manual sorting works fine. You can try this: select all images, right click -> Copy to clipboard, delete the collection, recreate the collection, right click->paste

Hope that helps

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 04 Aug 15 13:08

Thanks, Hert, but it doesn't matter now that I have created a slide show that has the physical files copied and renamed to fix them in the proper order. I could simply add those physical files to a Portfolio Collection. That wouldn't be necessary though because the only reason I use Portfolios is to create offline slideshows made up of renamed files.

In this case, I solved the important issue by copying and renaming the images stored in the manually sorted Portfolio Collection without changing to a different collection. So long as I didn't change collections, the manual sort remained intact.

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 27 Aug 15 19:32

I'm experiencing the same problem not only with a Portfolio Collection created today but I also noticed two Collections created a long time ago that are no longer manually sorted. They are being sorted by file name despite that the sorting is configured as "No sorting." Is there a program file I should look for that might have become corrupt?

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Aug 15 20:18

Sort order are not a configuration thing. Try to switch to a file name sort and the. Change the order. That will prompt to switch to manual sorting.

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 27 Aug 15 20:46

IDimager wrote:Try to switch to a file name sort and the. Change the order. That will prompt to switch to manual sorting.
It prompts to switch to manual sorting but when I display a different collection and then return to the original collection, the manual sorting is not maintained. I can't figure out what the sort order is this time; it's not by file name as mentioned in my previous post. Something is very wrong on my system.

ski542002

Post by ski542002 » 30 Aug 18 23:46

I'm coming from MediaPro, where it's slide show customization was superlative. I WANT to re-order my thumbnails in PhotoSupreme, by dragging the thumbnails to the order I prefer. I can't/don't want to do any renaming to force a new order. The original file number must remain original, BUT I want to re-order the images. I CAN do that easily in iView. I don't see any way to do that in this program.

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 31 Aug 18 10:03

Click on the "View" icon towards top right then drill down;

Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 31 Aug 18 10:33

In addition to G8DHE's post. In Portfolios, your can create collections and keep a gathering of images. In such portfolio collections you can also manually sort by drag/drop (drag to the side) or by using cursor keys Ctrl+Left/Ctrl+Right (on mac that's Cmd+Left/Cmd+Right).
sort_portfolio_colls.png
sort_portfolio_colls.png (497.83 KiB) Viewed 390 times