PS3 Creating Unwanted Keywords

Link648099

PS3 Creating Unwanted Keywords

Post by Link648099 » 08 Jul 15 4:12

I'm noticing that PS3 is creating unwanted keywords based off of location data I enter into the "image Content" section of the Details pane. For example, if a picture was taken in the city of Houston, it adds a keyword for "Houston" to my photo, and also creates an entry for it in my "Places" drop down menu in the "By Category" view.

If that description isn't helpful, I can add pictures.

How do I get this to stop? In the Preferences section, under the "Synchronize Settings" tab, I changed the drop down menu next to "Keywords Processing" to "Do Not Modify Keywords".

Other then that, I don't know how to turn this off. Its very frustrating to deal with.

Thanks!

Hert

Re: PS3 Creating Unwanted Keywords

Post by Hert » 08 Jul 15 7:55

If you don't need keywords for Places then set the top level category (Places) as a private category.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Link648099

Post by Link648099 » 09 Jul 15 5:18

Is there a way to stop it from adding the keywords?

I made the Places category private, but unwanted keywords are still being added.

Hert

Post by Hert » 09 Jul 15 5:47

You mean that a catalog label is added ( which is not the same as a keyboard)?

You can prevent that by removing your place information data from the image. The image is shot in Houston because there are GPS coordinates or place information in the image metadata that point to Houston. PSU reads those and identifies it as being shot in Houston. Still you don't want it identified as being an image from Houston.
Then remove the GPS coordinates and the place information from the metadata and PSU will no longer know that it's Houston.

Also check preferences-synchronize settings-reading. There's a setting there that allows you to set the level of place information to read. By default it reads up to city level.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 09 Jul 15 18:40

( which is not the same as a keyboard)?
I assume Hert wanted to say "keyword"....

Hert

Post by Hert » 09 Jul 15 19:14

Thank you frank, that is correct. Auto-correct apparently "fixed" a typo

george

Post by george » 09 Jul 15 22:28

It is nonetheless true that a label is not a keyboard.
:-)
George

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 09 Jul 15 23:30

george wrote:It is nonetheless true that a label is not a keyboard.
:-)
However, let's not ignore that a keyboard has lots of very useful labels.

weidmic

Post by weidmic » 09 Jul 15 23:38

I would be lost without them :)
PSUServer 5.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 10 Jul 15 12:03

Hi Link,
the typo aside...
I guess the problem here still is the old confusion between PSU's (or IDimager's) labels and the good old keywords.

Keywords are simply tags written to an image. Labels are much more powerful, they can have GPS coordinates attached, they can be mapped to fill in XMP metadata fields, used to fill a whole set of metadata fields, etc. etc.
And: whole categories of labels can be set to be "private", so that these labels only show up in the database, but will not be written out to the image metadata. Thus, if you share a photo that photo will not contain these "private" labels, but inside your database the image can still be found searching for these labels.
It is kind of hard to see if an image has labels or not from within the program...
I hope that clarifies the concept?

Cheers,
Frank

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 10 Jul 15 23:01

fbungarz wrote:It is kind of hard to see if an image has labels or not from within the program...
If you select an image and open the Image Details panel, the labels that are configured as private and the labels that are configured not to create corresponding keywords are not displayed in the list of keywords when the image file is in synch with the catalog database.