Incorrect Date/Time For Videos

Link648099

Incorrect Date/Time For Videos

Post by Link648099 » 28 Apr 15 4:32

Hello,

While sorting through a mixture of pictures and videos taken with my iPhone, I discovered that the date/times on my videos were six hours off. I'm including a picture to help show were I found the discrepancy. I'm going through and manually fixing them with the Shift Date tool, but might anyone know why this is happening, and if I can do anything to prevent it in the future?

In the screen shot, the two orange rectangles are the correct dates, while the orange oval is the date off by six hours. When I shift the dates to match the date in the Details panel on the right, the File Creation date on the left shifts down an hour (11:39am to 10:39am). But otherwise the dates end up correct in the metadata.

Thanks!
Mismatched Dates
Mismatched Dates
Dates.jpg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

Hert

Re: Incorrect Date/Time For Videos

Post by Hert » 28 Apr 15 7:28

That looks like a timezone offset issue.
Are you using the latest version? If you do use the latest version (build 2067), then does the time update when you reimport the metadata with right click->Metadata->Read Metadata from File
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Link648099

Re: Incorrect Date/Time For Videos

Post by Link648099 » 29 Apr 15 3:36

Hert,

I am using Build 2067. I reimported the metadata as you suggested on a test movie and the offset didn't change.

After looking around elsewhere, movies that I edited several months back had their correct dates and times. These problems seem to stem from a more recent batch of movies going back several months. Some were taken with an iPhone 4S, and others were taken with an iPhone 6 Plus. The majority of the offsets are 6 hours, but some have offsets of 4 and 5 hours.

If its an issue I have to correct by hand, its not a big deal. I'll do it once then preserve the correct date in an XMP file and the file name.

Thanks!