Editor on external computer

Stephen

Editor on external computer

Post by Stephen » 27 Mar 15 17:00

I want to use an editor (Capture One) which I will install on an external computer running a more recent OS than the one running on the computer where Photo Supreme is installed. Will that work and will I be able to install its icon on the PS desktop?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

HCS

Re: Editor on external computer

Post by HCS » 27 Mar 15 19:28

Stephen wrote:I want to use an editor (Capture One) which I will install on an external computer running a more recent OS than the one running on the computer where Photo Supreme is installed. Will that work and will I be able to install its icon on the PS desktop?
I'd like to be surprised to see that this would work, but i'm pretty certain the program needs to be on the same client as PSU from which you want to start that external program.

Stephen

Re: Editor on external computer

Post by Stephen » 27 Mar 15 20:04

Hmm, OK. So if that does not work (the other computer - a mini mac - will be purchased solely for this task) do you think that I could sync the PSU database/installation between both computers?
HCS wrote:
Stephen wrote:I want to use an editor (Capture One) which I will install on an external computer running a more recent OS than the one running on the computer where Photo Supreme is installed. Will that work and will I be able to install its icon on the PS desktop?
I'd like to be surprised to see that this would work, but i'm pretty certain the program needs to be on the same client as PSU from which you want to start that external program.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.