is there a way to find duplicate images?

mantras

Post by mantras » 23 Feb 15 8:51

Hi

search all the duplicated images in all my catalog..

i guess to have many identical images with the same extension in my catalog

thanks!
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

Hert

Re: is there a way to find duplicate images?

Post by Hert » 23 Feb 15 10:02

Click CATALOG->By Catalog State

There is a state for "Duplicate files" (binary identical) and for "Similar Images" (visually identical; e.g. a downsized copy and the original)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mantras

Post by mantras » 23 Feb 15 11:33

IDimager wrote:Click CATALOG->By Catalog State

There is a state for "Duplicate files" (binary identical) and for "Similar Images" (visually identical; e.g. a downsized copy and the original)
Thanks Hert

i have 200 duplicate files (binary identical) , so is there a way to delete from the catalog only the duplicate ?
or should i do manually?
Photo Supreme Evangelist ,windows 10 & macos Sierra & high sierra ,photosupreme 4, lightroom & photoshop cc

Hert

Post by Hert » 23 Feb 15 12:27

Select the duplicates to delete and press Del. It's too dangerous for any software to do such thing automatically

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

mantras

Post by mantras » 23 Feb 15 15:41

IDimager wrote:Select the duplicates to delete and press Del. It's too dangerous for any software to do such thing automatically

Hert
Thanks Hert!