Problems sending photo via email

Larry56

Problems sending photo via email

Post by Larry56 » 16 Feb 15 20:46

For some reason I'm unable to send photos from within PS (v3.0.3.2063) on my Windows 7 computer.

To be sure something hadn't happened to the email profile I created a new one and tested it. I did receive a test email so I know that it's set up correctly.

I've tried to send full size jpg and resized to 900 widest side but nothing goes through and there are no error messages. I've also tried sending to different email addresses but they are not received.

Any ideas why I'm having problems? Are there email logs I can review?

Also, I've managed to create a number of email profiles that I no longer use. How do I delete them?

DirkS

Re: Problems sending photo via email

Post by DirkS » 16 Feb 15 23:13

Also, I've managed to create a number of email profiles that I no longer use. How do I delete them?
They are saved as files in the subdirectory 'SMTPProiles' in the IDI data directory.
On win7 that would normally be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\IDimager Systems, Inc\SMTPProfiles

No idea about your problems though. I had not set up any email profiles yet.
Because I have 2-factor authentication activated I have to change settings on the server side first...
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Feb 15 0:45

Maybe create an email profile that uses your standard (MAPI) email client instead of the SMTP client. It will save you the configuration hassles of a SMTP client.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 20 Feb 15 0:26

I've set up to send using my email client but unfortunately sending to the client doesn't cause the email to take top focus and requires navigating task bar icons to get to it. Not a PS problem for sure, which is one reason why I liked the sending direct from PS.

Additionally, I use POP3 for my email and I end up with photos on my computer and email folders that I don't really need. Another nice thing about sending direct from PS.

That being said, any ideas why I'd have problems sending from PS if there is no problem with the smtp server?

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 21 Feb 15 16:52

I have also noticed that sending files by email no longer automatically takes focus, this is not from PSU but generally; so I suspect some recent Windows updates. A windows update about a month ago actually prevented one of my most-used programs emailing at all, which was very frustrating and caused quite some wasted time for me and the publisher before it became clear it was a Windows update issue (and was fixed by subsequent patches).
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------